Allergy Community
Allergy to Marijuana

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Allergy to Marijuana

I recently purchased a marijuana coffee drink from a dispensary. An hour after consuming the drink I began to feel dizzy, with a strobe light affect in my vision, and I began to lose hearing. I was with friends, I guess at this point I had passed out, turned gray, my lips were blue, and I had stopped breathing. My friends jumped up, gave me cpr/forced air into my lungs, I began breathing again. However, it took several smacks to the face before I woke up. All in all, I was passed out for about a minute.

Is this an allergy to marijuana? I have used a vaporizer for months but have never had a problem like this before. It was very scary. I can't find any information on similar symptoms other than panic attacks related to marijuana use. I did not feel like I was having a panic attack.

Please offer any help. I use marijuana to manage chronic pain, I have stopped for now, but I'd like to continue my medical usage. Thank you.
It seems as if the marijuana had more than just an allergic reaction. It may also have distorted your memory of the event. If you did require CPR to recover after having it you may not want to have it again. Check with a doctor and see what he says.
That **** is poison,  if you are a believer of marijuana, smoke it, as you intake it in a hot beverage, it passes trough your whole system and is much more toxic.