Aa
A
A
Close
Avatar_universal
Allergy to plastic
A new faucet was installed in a home 3 months ago.  When the water is first turned on, it smells strongly of plastic and the water comes out bubbly.  After running the water everything seems fine.  I didn't know about this and had a drink of water as I first turned it on.  About 30 minute later I felt very sick and layed on the floor with my feet up.  The feeling passed in about 10 minutes.  Is there anything in the faucet that caused this reaction?  I have a latex allergy.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
168348_tn?1379360675
Hi,

WELCOME to our community.  My daughter is anaphylactic to latex so I'm reading your ? and trying to think of something to put it all together for you as an allergy "mom" .......

I'm just not sure .. is is possible that rings were glued on vs. soldered?  If so, maybe it's leaking in somehow .. I really don't know but think maybe you should have your water checked/tested ... doesn't sound right after so long to still have the odor.

Glues can have rubber in them .. rubber is latex.

Please keep us posted and WELCOME!!!

C~
Comment
Cancel
168348_tn?1379360675
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Avatar_universal
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Allergy to plastic
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Article on Multifocal IOL vs &q...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
748543_tn?1443740527
Blank
TMJ/TMJ The Connection Between Teet...
01/15 by Hamidreza Nassery , DMD, FICOI, FAGD, FICCMOBlank
Top Asthma Answerers
746512_tn?1388811180
Blank
Tammy2009
Calgary, AB
209987_tn?1451939065
Blank
tschock
AB
363281_tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie
Nelson, New Zealand
Avatar_m_tn
Blank
masterblogger