Allergy to plastic
A new faucet was installed in a home 3 months ago.  When the water is first turned on, it smells strongly of plastic and the water comes out bubbly.  After running the water everything seems fine.  I didn't know about this and had a drink of water as I first turned it on.  About 30 minute later I felt very sick and layed on the floor with my feet up.  The feeling passed in about 10 minutes.  Is there anything in the faucet that caused this reaction?  I have a latex allergy.

WELCOME to our community.  My daughter is anaphylactic to latex so I'm reading your ? and trying to think of something to put it all together for you as an allergy "mom" .......

I'm just not sure .. is is possible that rings were glued on vs. soldered?  If so, maybe it's leaking in somehow .. I really don't know but think maybe you should have your water checked/tested ... doesn't sound right after so long to still have the odor.

Glues can have rubber in them .. rubber is latex.

Please keep us posted and WELCOME!!!

C~