Am I allergic to Omega-3?
I had recently taken Omega-3 suppliments containing fish oil that gave me an allergic reaction.  I stopped and a few days later took a different brand of Omega-3 that only contained Flax oil, no fish oil.  Again, I got an allergic response, actually even worse.  However, it was a very similar reaction.  My face, hands & elbows became extreamly red and HOT.  Benadril helped, but why / how could I be allergic to both kinds of oil suppliments?  Am I actually allergic to the compound - Omega-3?

It would be very difficult to point out the exact cause of your allergies, but from what you describe, it does seem that you are allergic to some substance in the products.

Have you had symptoms of allergic reactions before? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

What is your age and are you on any medications currently? Why did you start taking the supplements?

You could take antihistamine or antiallergic medications if your symptoms persist or worsen. Also consult your doctor about this. Stop taking the supplements for now and till you consult your doctor.

Let us know if you have any doubts and post us about how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.