Anaphylactic Shock Please HELP
I live in a third world country. Our 9 year old son was stung three times in two min. by a wasp. He had severe anaphylatic shock. The doctor said it's amazing that he is still alive. This was the first time he had ever been stung in this country. This was his first case of anaphylatic shock. The doctor in this country thought that if we moved to another country or back to our home country (USA) that he would not be allergic to other wasps only the Philippine wasp. Will our son not be allergic to wasps in other countries?

Also, we were able to get an Epi-pen but they doctors here are not used to them. so here is my question, if he is stung again should I give the epi-pen right away or wait for reaction. Also, we sometimes travel to other countries. if he is stung in another country should we administer epi-pen or wait for a reaction.

If God forbid,your son is again stung be a wasp,then look out for the symptoms.It can occur as allergic reaction or a serious anaphylactic reaction. An allergic reaction may include hives or rash, swelling away from the sting site or headache. These allergic reactions are not life-threatening and can be readily treated with an antihistamine.

However,if it is an anaphylactic reaction ,then there may be fainting, difficulty breathing, swelling, and blockage in the throat within minutes of being stung.Then epipen should be administered immediately and your son should be immediately rushed to the ER.

Same is the mode of treatment even if you move to other countries.To your query about whether he may be allergic to wasps and bees in other countries,then it is very difficult to say anything without allergy testing.You can get your son allergy tested by an allergist for the different wasp or insect stings and then avoidance of these will be the best treatment.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how your son is doing or if you have any additional doubts.Warm regards.