BAD SINUSES
I have really bad sinuses and have had for the longest time.  Just the past year it seems to have been getting worse.  I have gone to an ENT and she wanted to get an allergy test.  Well, it came back that I was allergic to dust mites and cat hair.  So I made a huge change by getting rid of my cat, and getting anything hypoallergenic that I could get my hands on.  I have not gotten any better.  I do  nasal spray daily and take Claritin or Tylenol Sinus on occasion,  but I feel that nothing helps it.

I have been also spitting/coughing up mucus EVERY morning.  And on occasion has been green, yellow and has had blood in it a few times, as well as these black/gray streaks.  I have been to the doctor and even had cultures done and everything is ok.  

I guess my question is, do I just have to live with it, or does any one have any options as to what I should do, or any other types of medications what would help my problem.  I feel sinus pressure all the time, and have been to my ENT multiple times.    

I recently found out that I have a problem with my optic nerves and did an MRI to see brain and sinues.  But I have braces and they said thay the images were obscured from my braces and that they couldn't see my sinsues that well.  

I would appreciate any help!  Thank you very much!

You seem to be having chronic sinusitis.The thick mucus discharge is post nasal drip which can be there after allergic rhinitis or chronic sinusitis.I would advise you to get CT  of the sinuses done to confirm the diagnosis.Then depending on the cause of chronic sinusitis, treatment can be planned accordingly.It can vary from antibiotics,decongestants,saline and steroid nasal sprays along with steam inhalation to sinus surgery.

For the dust mites allergy, remove drapes, feather pillows, upholstered furniture, non-washable comforters and soft toys. Replace carpets with linoleum or wood and vacuum soft furniture and curtains as well as floor Wash carpets and upholstery with special cleaners, such as benzyl benzoate or tannic acid spray. Wash all bedding in hot water (hotter than 130°F) every 7 to 10 days. Don't use mattress pads and cover mattress and pillows with plastic covers.Also lower the humidity in your home.
If the symptoms persist, then you can get it evaluated from aallergist/ENT specialist.Immunotherapy may be tried.Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted.

Thank you very much for responding.  I will try and do all the things you said.  I do have carpet in my bed room, and it is brand new.  I am going to try and rip it out and get wood floor, i think that would help a lot.  I will be sure and keep you posted! Thanks again