Allergy Community
Bee Sting Reaction return

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Bee Sting Reaction return

This past summer, my adult daughter was stung by a bee on the back of her arm.  She took Benadryl.  She developed a large red rash which took about two weeks to go away.  Then six days ago, she was treated at hospital for a bee sting to the back of the neck after a severe reaction.  She was given a bolus of steroid & IV with famoditine.  Upon her release she was given prescription for an oral steroid, which she finished.  She awoke today to a large red rash / hives in area she was stung at.  Will this too go away in a couple of weeks?  I, of course, recommended that she go to the doctor.  Is it common to have more symptoms after a week?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Till the allergen is there in the system, she will continue to develop reactions. She should consult her doctor. Some allergies can be life-threatening as they can precipitate anaphylactic shock in which the swelling can be so severe that it impairs the ability to breathe.  Therefore, I would suggest you talk to your doctor about keeping an epipen.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.