Allergy Community
Bee Sting fever??? Please reply ASAP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Bee Sting fever??? Please reply ASAP

hi im 16 and 2 days ago around 7 pm i got stung by a bee on the nose. the next day i woke up first thing in the morning and noticed my whole right side of my face and nose was swollen. my right eye was also swollen to where it made my right eye squinted and hard to open. i went to the doc with my mom and my doc just gave me 50 mg benadryl and a prescription for "pretizone" i think its called. something close to that name. its also an anti inflamitory drug. he then told me that symptoms will noticebly get better throughout the week. when it was around 9:30 pm last night i didnt feel too well and had the chills with a headache so i went and checked my temp and had a 99.7 low grade fever. i decided to relax and checked my temp about 30 minutes later. it turns out i had a 100.1 fever. so after about 2 to 3 hours of a nap i took my temp around 1:30 a.m and i had a completely normal temperature around 98. after i woke up today i went out with a friend to lunch and once i got back i wasnt feeling too good again and decided to check my temp again. i got 99.5 - 100 again. and i dont know whats going on with me. is this some delayed minor allergic reaction the sting? its really concerning me. i have major anxiety and fear the littlest things. as crazy as i sound, do you think i could die from whatever this might be? my temp has gone down a tad since i checked it last but im worried this same cycle could go on for days and i just want to get through this whole nightmare.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Your doctor has prescribed antihistamines and anti-inflammatory medications which will help with the bee sting. The fever could indicate an infection. Check to see the site of the sting. If there is accompanying swelling, redness, discharge and pain it is most probably an infection. You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you very much