Bird Keeper's Lung
I keep 10 parrots in an aviary as pets.  I have had allergies all my life and was retested last year.  Came back positive for allergies to "feathers".   I have read about a condition called - Bird Keeper's Lung.

I am worried that my allergy to birds (i suffer no symptoms around them actually) could lead to this in the future.  How real is the possibility?   Is there damage going on that I don't know about?   Should I seek an evaluation?  I am 44 female non-smoker.

Thank you.
I had to read this thread. I'm a bird owner myself and I love them. They're my children.

I'm not aware that there's any specific tests for this condition. The cause of many bird allergies, from what I gather, is usually from Cockatoos and African Grays which make a lot of dust for their feathers. I'm prone to allergies and while I love cockatoos, I don't think I can ever get one because I'd probably develop allergies to it. I've had my sun conures for 9 years now and have not turned allergic to them.

Maybe you could wear a mask when you clean up after your birds to help. I'm assuming you went to an allergist for that test. Perhaps ask him/her for suggestions. Good luck!