Allergy Community
Blocked throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Blocked throat

Hi;
My fiance is known to get asthma and hay fever, He also smokes.
Yesterday while mowing the lawns without the catcher, her got a constant puff of grass and dust coming out at him and thought nothing of it.
About 12 hours later when we were asleep; he woke up due to a scratching feeling in his throat then realized it was quite blocked with "glue like ****" (im presuming phlegm) and he could breathe properly. He had a couple of puffs of a ventolin inhaler but that didnt help. He tried eating and drinking, even tried vomiting and still couldnt budge it. He decided to come back to bed after an hour of not being able to dislodge it and this morning his throat is still feeling "scratchy" and a little blocked, but not as bad as last night.

Could this be an allergic reaction to anything? Are there any methods that would help the situation?
Welcome to the forum!
Your fiancé could be allergic to cut grass. Since he has a history of asthma and hay fever, it is wise to show him to a doctor ASAP because a severe reaction clogging the throat can be dangerous. Maybe an ER visit will also be worth it. He needs an antiallergic, preferably given by an intravenous route.
Please later consult an allergy specialist and run a complete allergy panel. Wearing masks specially designed to filter allergens will help you in a big way. Talk to your specialist about this.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!