Allergy Community
Blood/Metal Taste

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Blood/Metal Taste

About 6-7 weeks ago i noticed a slight metal/blood taste in my mouth and it was constant...i cant see any blood but if im not brushing my teeth or eating or drinking something im tasting this metal/blood taste...so i went to my dr. and he ran some blood work and it came back fine..so i went to the dentist and he said it might be gingivitus, so i got a deep cleaning and did everything he told me i even quit smoking...i brushed and flossed twice a day and used the mouthwash he told me to...so weeks later i noticed not only do i still taste that taste but my left jaw, left eye, and ear hurt...so i went to the emergency room and they took 5 viles of blood...2 chest x-rays...urine...and even a head and neck CT scan..and then told me that everything looks fine....im almost on my 7th week and im so miserable...i want this taste to go away..but i still taste it and my jaw and ear still hurt(when pressed) but my throat feels a lil better...what could this taste be?....like i said i havent seen any blood what so ever ..but i have this CONSTANT metal taste...any ideas?
Do you have fillings that could have mercury in them?- do you eat many foods with copper in them ( yeast, soy, nuts, chocolate, mushroom, shellfish) Read the book
"Why Am I so tired?": if you think it may be copper.
no i dont have any fillings..im going to a ENT specailist tommorow....its so weird...wouldnt all those test they did to me find anything serious?
it irritates me when i go online and it says...things that can cause metal taste in your mouth...and one of them says cancer....but....i just had almost every taste done to me possible...what kind of cancer could make me taste metal but not show on all of those test?
i would go have your sinuses checked.do you have sinus problems?you can have a lot of test done and not show anything but there is something wrong.im living proof of that.if you know there is something then make the docs check further.there are differnt things that could cause that.yes i did read some where cancer could cause that but i also read a story were a lady kept tasting metal and turned out she had a small hole in her sinus cavity to her brain. she also had head aches.they had to put a metal plate in there.but like i said there are many things that could cause that. just start ruling them out one by one.sue
make sure they look at your patuitary gland.sue