Allergy Community
Blood in mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Blood in mucus

Off and on I notice streaks of blood in the mucus in my throat. I have allergies and always have post nasal drip. The mucus is clear, not discolored so I don't think it's an infection. I don't smoke or drink. Can allergies cause blood in your mucus? I don't have the money to go to an ENT and my reg doctor told me he doesn't know. Oh, also, when I notice the blood, I haven't had a bloody nose or picked my nose or anything.

And if definitely seems to be coming from my sinuses or throat because I never cough it up or anything. I see discolored mucus (from the blood, not yellow or green) when I brush my teeth in the back of my throat from time to time.
Get a tb test. hopefully thats not it.wouldn't hurt to rule it out.
You should definitely go see a doctor.
Anyone else know if allergies can cause this? I can't afford to see an ENT and my reg doctor said he has no idea.