Allergy Community
Blood when I blow my nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Blood when I blow my nose

I have seen a lot of different post and responses involving this issue, but none sound exactly like my situation so I just wanted another check. I'm a 20yr male, in pretty good shape. I don't smoke or drink, so I would like to think that would benefit me a little. For the past month and a half, a little longer, I've been finding it hard to breath through my nose. At the start it was just normal and then I had a nose bleed. After that, every time I blow my nose blood appeared in my tissue. I figured, well maybe it is because I had a nose bleed, but after a month that doesn't seem likely. Now this morning blood is starting to come from the other side of my nose where the nose bleed did not come from, and blood is still coming from the one before.

So far during this whole thing I've had one other nose bleed since the first one, but the second time it was really small, and stopped in about 2 minutes. So not sure if that piece of info would help.
Is this the first time anything like this has happened?  Any allergies?  Is the air dry where you sleep/live?  I wouldn't think the elevation would be a factor in KY (when I lived in Co, I had nose bleeds & developed asthma).

Are you on medications that could be a factor in this?  Have you gone to the doctor & had him/her look you over?

If it was dry air, I would suggest getting some moisture into your atmosphere with a humidifier.  If you are finding it harder to breathe and the nose bleeds are happening regularly, I would definitely get it checked out.

I hope you are able to resolve the problem.
This is the first time anything like this has happened to me. I'm not on any medications and the air flow here and at work are great. I could be thinking that and be wrong, but not sure. I have no allergies. It is really weird, but I have noticed that I have been sneezing a lot as well. The blood stopped coming from the left side of my nose and is continuing to come out the right side when I blow my nose. I haven't seen a doctor yet, and could it be that I'm in KY really? I've always lived here so it would be weird that it is affecting me now in a negative way...
Well, you probably need to see a doctor to figure this out, but as I come from a family of people prone to sinusitis and allergies (mostly airborne), can tell you that nose bleeds can  occur if membranes get irritated enough.

My son used to get them: when I checked with doctor, he said my son had unusually thin nose tissues.  They were not a regular thing.

We all have experienced the stuffy nose syndrome.  In Florida when the oak trees spread pollen, everyone is headed to Walgreens for an antihistimine.  LOL.  

Take care blowing your nose: gently gently.  I go for a nose spray my doctor recommended years ago when stopped up and headachy.  Use salt solution sparingly especially when having nose bleeds.  Will sting.

Back to allergies: funny you mention living in KY: it was the absolute worst state for us to pass through on way from MI to FL..LOL. My mom was sneezing so much she had to pull over a few times!   Allergies can pop up anytime.  Really you have developed an allergy to something floating about in the air.    

Good luck.