Boils
Good day,

I seem to get unsightly boils quite too often.  A dermatologist told me I had Hidradenitis Supporativa but I get boils on my back and I thought HS only affected areas associated with the apocrine glands?  Antibiotics only make matters worse.  I have heard that bacteria in the stomach makes people prone to boils as well as stress.  Sometimes these boils go away on their own and other times I have had to go to the hospital to have them lanced.  Eating a yeast-free, dairy-free, wheat-free diet seems to help...I am wondering if Candida plays a role...My derm said that he thinks I have an autoimmune disorder like leaky gut...Can anyone relate?  Thanks!
Candida may very well play a role in your boil problem. Although most doctors do not "Believe" in Candida (including my current MD) It can, in it's most advanced stage, be a cause of leaky gut! If you can find a holistic MD in your area they can do a stool sample based test that will identify your candida count, what stage it's at, and what you need to balance it out.(they even put it up against a light an show you what it looks like! Which is why i don't get how regular MD's can't "Believe" in it) I've found that the holistic medical community has had alot more options for me with this problem than western MD's. Something i've also found really helpful is soaps and cleansing gels that restore the PH balance on your skin. Right now i'm using Shaklee's Cleansing gel along w/ Canus goat soap (Availiable online or at hannafords food stores) and it's been helping me immensely. also pure cranberry juice (i mean NO sugar in it) and seltzer during the day has cleared up my skin quite a bit. It hasn't gone away totally but they are MUCH smaller (only a lil bigger than a normal pimple) and much further apart.

Good luck, and i hope i helped!
                                                 - MG

PS you can get boils anywhere that you have hair folicals, it might not be HS on your back, just out of control Staph levels.

PSS you might want to try getting away from aluminum based deodorants if you get them under your arms