Allergy Community
Burning Sinuses!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Burning Sinuses!

It may be a cold coming on, or allergies, or maybe even my smoking, but I've rarely felt such intense dryness and burning in my nose and sinuses before. Would any spray help? Saline? What usually causes such a dry and hot feeling in the sinus area? Any help would be great. :)
Welcome to the forum!
A feeling of burning and dryness in sinuses can be due to Sjogren’s syndrome which also makes the eyes and mouth dry.
Allergy to dust, smoke etc can also cause this. An allergy test can help find the allergen that is causing these symptoms. You can put saline water in the nostrils for temporary relief.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!