Allergy Community
CARBA MIX ALLERGY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

CARBA MIX ALLERGY

Does anyone have any suggestions for shoes?   My feet are cracked and bleeding from this allergy and I am yet to find a shoe with no rubber.
Tags: allergys

Carba mix is a chemical that is used for the processing of rubber.If you are having allergies to carbamix then it has to be contact dermatitis (allergic or irritant).

Prevention of the offending agent is the main treatment.You can also take antihistaminics like benadryl or Claritin if there is any itching. Topical steroid creams are the mainstay of the acute treatment.You can start with a potent steroid and wean to a less potent steroid cream. Oral Steroids may be necessary for a few days if steroid creams fail to control.

I sincerely advise you to consult an allergist/dermatologist and discuss this issue with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I have been to a dermatologist and have creams but shoes are a real problem.
My feet break open and bleed. I can feel a burning sensation after a few mnutes of wearing shoes.  I have cut out felt insoles to layer between socks and the shoes and this does seem to help some--but it is not well enough.  At works I remove my shoes and wear two pair of socks--any advise would be appreciated.
I was just told that I have this problem as well. Have you had any luck in the last 2 years finding shoes?
I just found out through patch testing that I am allergic to Carba mix.  My question is... is this also considered Latex allergy?  My doctor didn't say I had a Latex allergy, but I am concerned that because of the rubber component I might have an allergy to latex.  I am around children a lot which means balloons and rubber bands.  Could someone please advise?
anyone with any info on shoes which are known to be Carba Mix free please post here. After almost 4 years of trying to figure out what was causeing this rash on my legs it was discovered to be Carba Mix Allergy. It is very difficult to find info on footwear that is "safe". Socks seem to be my biggest culprit but I have no idea if my shoes are setting t off as well. I have been seeing an occupational Dermatologist at a teaching hospital and will now be looking at the next phase of "how do I live with this". who would a thought.....
I have contacted so many shoe companies and all of them use the carba mix! The only alternative I found is wooden clog shoes by Dr. Scholls or all leather hand sewn shoes which are really expensive.  I have been unable to find a sneaker without it,  My feet are suffering!!!
I believe original Croc's are free of carba-mix. I have the allergy and that is what I wear. Croc's are a plastic not rubber.
Yes, I think you are correct.  I have the carba-mix allergy and exclusively wear Croc's.  One word of caution, some of the newer, fancier Crocs have add on products, ie. rubber soles, elastic, etc.  These will probably contain the carba-mix, but if you stick with the original clog style Croc you should be okay.  

I ride motorcycles so I look kinda ridiculous sporting Croc's.  But hey, what's a guy suppose to do?  I did read in an earlier post that someone was allergic to carba-mix, but not Latex?  Odd, everything I have read says Latex and elastic contain carba-mix.
My son is allergic to rubber accelerators (MBT & Mercapto Mix), also found in adhesives and other parts of shoes and other products.  Kamik makes sandals and boots that do not contain these chemicals.  Possibly Crocs original clogs, as well.  I have not yet found sneakers or regular shoes.
My husband has allergy to carba mix and it has been very difficult to find shoes that will not cause a reaction. Since we are in Southern California, he has been able to use leather sandals from India. These sandals do not have any cushion on them though, so his heels always hurt after walking around.
Now that the weather is getting cooler, we are looking for a pair that would be safe to wear. Found natural companies that make natural shoes but even natural latex may contain carba mix. Not willing to take that risk on shoes that are a couple hundred dollars worth. If any company can guarantee that their shoes are free of carba mix, then we would be willing to spend the $. It seems like shoe companies do not even know what carba mix is! Frustrating! I was in contact in Crocs one time and they said their shoes are safe for him. We bought a pair of the ones they said are ok and within a week, his feet are itchy, cracked and sore! Please let us know if any of you find other shoes that are carba mix free.
For those who are still looking for carba mix and MBT free shoes, here is information I received from Birkenstock. This is true of all their sandals and shoes.

Here is a brief list of the some allergens we do not use:
Birkenstock sandals and shoes do not use carba mix or specifically the three allergens related to carba mix:
zincdiethyldithiocarbamate
diphenylguanidine
zincdibutyldithiocarbamate

Colophony, Abitol, Abietic Acid are not used in our products.
We do not use is chrome VI in the tanning process of our leathers
Our soles do not contain mercaptobenzothiazole (MBT)
We do not use Thyriam-Mix and  P-tert butyl phenol formaldehyde resin (PTBP-FR)
Here is a list of other allergen information:
Our products are Phthalate free
Birkenstock buckles, rivets and staples are all made of steel and are all nickel free