Can Allergy/Sinus Cause Constant Head Pressure and Tinnitus?
Background: Retired from the Army in Nov and had a complete physical. Everything was fine except for lower back degenerative disk diease and mild hearing loss. All bloodwork was normal. Took a job in Iraq where I am currently. Arrived in Feb. In Jun, I was sick with extreme fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. Saw a doctor in Jul and was given OTC headache meds. They did bloodwork that came back normal. Since that time I have had daily head pressure and tinnitus. The tinnitus comes and goes and can be really loud and annoying. Visited another doctor in Sep who thought it might be an allergic reaction and was given zyrtec for a month. No change with the head pressure. Saw an ENT in Oct who feels that it just a left-over from whatever made me ill in Jun and thinks it will get better with time. Have had this for 5 months.

NOTE: I am 44 and had never had a headache prior to this. Have never had any TMJ problems. Tinnitus was never a problem. Never noticed any allergies before this. Never had sinus problems. Am in decent health and walk daily for 45 minutes. Thought it might be some sort of reaction to something here in Iraq but do not have typical allergy or sinus symptoms.

Questions: 1) Can allergies or sinus cause the daily head pressure and tinnitus? No pain, just a heavy and tight feeling from my eyebrows, temples to the back of my head. Wake up with it. Only goes away when outside exercising. Constant dust inside and outside this place with pollution.  Extreme heat going from AC into 120 degree.  Has cooled off now, but symptoms remain.
I have had the constant ringing in my left ear for 11 days now. I think it is from all the dogs and pet dander at my parent's house. I was sneezing, blowing my nose, and my nose was running all the time. I was here for 2 weeks then BAM got the ringing problem, never happened before.

I went to the Dr. and got some Sudafed and nasal spray and there is no change to the tinnitus.

Not sure what to do, if anyone has solutions, please let me know.
For the past several evenings, my  husband has comlained of fatigue,fullness in his head (about to explode) no pain,,  I have noticed that he is forgetful,slurs his speech,, sometimes stumbles.and acts confused.  His BP and heart rate are normal. His grips are equal and pupils are equal.  Tonight he became tearful and was scared.  He can't keep his eyes open.
He also states that when he was playing cards his ring and pinky finger lock up.  
I've decided to join this forum once I saw all of the comments related to sinus/head pressure and constant fatigue.  I have been living with this for the past 2 years and I feel like it's killing me.  I have seen multiple doctors for the problem and get no answers.  I self diagnose it as a sinus infection however antibiotics don't work (or may work very temporarily).  Allergy meds are useless as I don't have watery eyes or a runny nose.  CT scans are normal, blood work is normal.  I don't know where to turn.  I feel it has to do with the environment in which I live.  I live in Cincinnati (the ohio 'valley') where anything and everything is trapped air.  I just want to feel better.
Sinus surgrey wasnt the answer for me. Just another dead end I hope. What could cause constant non- pain pressure everyday? usually behind my left eye. Half the time throughout the day it makes me really light headed and out of it. I use to be a really witty person and nowadays I always feel out of it, like I have a hangover? I also have had left neck pain running into my shoulder for 2 yrs(not sure if related). no TMJ, MRI of neck and head came back normal. Ct scan last week came back normal on my sinuses now (5 months after surgry). I dont have a runny nose or anything like that. I was tested allergic to dust mites and pollen. Nothing I have taken has worked. Steriods, antibiotics, neti pot, vitimins, stop drinking, anti depressants, allegra, nasal spray, otc congestants, etc. Anyone have any other suggestions? Yeast? somedays are better than others but it still remains. I'm not sure if it is slowley going away or if im just getting use to it somehow?

I'm
I have had many of the same symptoms that people have listed here for the past year and a half: neck pain and stiffness, sinus pressure, dizziness and increasing tinnitus.  For me, many of these issues have occurred on the right side of my body.  In addition, I have been having pain in a tendon at the base of my right thumb and constant swelling in my right knee.

I have been to my doctor several times and received several different diagnoses.  Arthritis, muscle spasms, anxiety, stress, swelling of the bursa sacs, etc.  My problems with the diagnoses I have received are that a.) I am relatively young (40) and in good shape and b.) none of the prescribed treatments made a bit of difference.

I went to two different chiropractors and the second one has provided some good help but still didn’t help me get to the root cause of my problem.

After a year and a half of looking around, I finally found the cause of my problem and it’s likely the cause of the problems for a lot of you posting here.  For me, it’s a postural problem.  Google an issue called “Forward Head Posture”.  Basically, if you routinely keep your head craned forward at work, you place a lot of stress on the muscles and ligaments in your neck.  Over time, this will manifest itself as painful knots in the neck and shoulders that just won’t go away.  This tension can prevent your sinuses from draining correctly, can cause tinnitus and definitely creates headaches.

The solution is fairly easy.  Learn to correct your posture and apply those rules 24/7.  The basic rule of thumb is that your ears should line up with your shoulders.  Your spine should do the work of keeping your head up, not your muscles/ligaments.  Keeping your head up while working at a desk should be effortless.  For me, it only took three or four days for my neck pain to subside and my sinuses started draining after two days.

I hope this information helps a few of you.
Ok, here's goes nothing. I've asked so many people what could be wrong with me, no one had a slightest idea. As many here I'm sure I suffer from facial pressure (behind my eyes, in corners of my eyes). Apart from this I my eyes burn regularly. I've been to an ophthalmologist and he tested the fluids in my eyes, it turned out it's not a bacteria problem. He gave me eye drops in case it was an inflammation and told me to return if they didn't help to do a alergotest. They helped a bit, sometimes less, sometimes more, but it all comes back. I'm guessing the pressure is due to my sinuses. For example when I swim and dive only a single time my nose gets full of water and I speak nasally for an entire day, I'm guessing my sinuses get filled very fast. Also, when I used the drops in my eye in a matter of 5 minutes I could taste them in my mouth, I'm not sure my mouth and my eyes are supposed to be so interconnected. I'm guessing I have a sinus inflammation or something? But, what about the burning eyes? I never went to do the alergotest. Does anyone have any ideas? All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi, im wrkng in saudi... im 24/m.. i was perfectly fine before.. dinhav head ache before....
im also having head ache,sometimes in the eyes...., feel fatigue behind the neck region... hav knee pain.. stomach pain... belching....
nw my co - workers hav also showing similar symptoms....
i heard there is some kind of allery that has come in the midle -east region.... i think it is some kind of infection.... im still having the problems....
My Doc thinks it's Asphigilus. I had burning eyes, and continuously have sinus pressure and pressure around my eyes, fatigue and mental confusion.
I'll be moving from my old house - it is old literally - in the next month and i'll let everyone know. Sure my jaw clicks, but it's always done, so I don't think it's TMJ. Neurologist did say that my mental 'slowness' so-to-speak, was very characteristic of a 'chemical imbalance'. My GP disagrees. Oh well.
I have been using a saline sinus rinse for about 2 weeks now and it actually rocks. It really does :)
But things were going fairly well, until I got drunk there last week. Note to self: don't drink alcohol until this is sorted!

Also everyone, you might want to go 3 weeks without any exposure to a histamine and see how you are: no alcohol, no sex, no dairy, nothing from a can or tin. I had one day of feeling fully better, then it returned. I can't figure the exact trigger, but  my GP is sure it's Asphigilus. For some reason he doesn't think it's Candida, though i'm not sure why.
Exposure to carbon monoxide should be checked - especially considering fresh air makes him feel better.
I have been dealing with the same symptoms & its scary d feeling of stuffed up nose sinus pressure I personally think its due to dry sinuses I am seeing a ent & allergy doc tried just about everything I am currently using a spray called xlear its a saline & moisturizing spray seems to be working better than prescription sprays.
Im 56 yr old female . Having tinnitus for more than 2 months . It just came on me . Went to an ENT Dr. He gave me steroids but I couldnt continue them for more than a day as they made me feel super hyper and very bad diarrhea. I sometimes have a small pain in my left ear but it goes away rather quickly, and sometimes I hear what sounds like a tuning fork going off in the left ear. No antibiotics as of yet. I will try the saline rinse. The tinnitis is constant , sometimes very quiet but still there. I went to the ER one night as It was so loud I thought I was going crazy. All they said was follow up with your DR. Nice HUh???  I stoped the steroids and now the ENT has prescribed lipoflavanoids . It seems to be an old fashioned remedy for tinnitus. It may take months for it to work . 2 pills 3 x a day. Anyone else used this? I am also on Valium 2x a day for the anxiety . But tapering off this also. I am also allergic to Shellfish severely . Maybe its dust allergy also??
This was a fascinating thread. Here's a reality check for whatever its worth. I have had alot of the same problems, which is part of the problem since, in our collective frustration, we "identify" with each other and our many symptoms. It is difficult to be be objective and say to ourselves, "well yes I have tinnatus, but no I dont think I have TMJ, etc.". Another problem is that doctors over diagnose with certainty what they are most used to seeing or know the most about, the so called "law of the hammer" and dont have the time or inclination to readjust their thinking over time and with new information. Everybody is inclined to come up with an answer/solution for their suffering and yet everyones problems are rather unique, regardless of how often we recognize similarities. Another complication is that multiple symptoms can have multiple causes instead of one single one. Hate me if you want but allow me to make a stab at something given the fact that I am 1) a sufferer like you all are 2) a Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist trained in Behavioral Medicine and 3) 57 years old, so old enough to have seen and heard alot, both mentally, physically, and emotionally. Here goes nothing...or something:  

Start with the assumption that the mind and body are connected. If you have alot of anxiety, either due to personality/disposition, the physical symptoms that scare the crap out of you (mine did), or situationally (being in Iraq would depress and scare me....), that anxiety is going to affect other things like blood pressure, sleep, body tension, jaw clenching, etc. Thus, I think Broder was onto something with his idea about stress and how we dont realize how our lives in the modern age of "constant connectivity" are overstressed and our bodies and minds pay the price. Then we get online and find other people who relate to our laundry list of stress related symptoms. To those who most likely to be defensive. I am not saying this is all in our heads....well, actually alot of my symptoms are up there, ha. I am saying we need to back up a giant step and realize there is variability and commonality in our experiences, and that being objective about WTF is causing our problems is no easy task...but a necessary one. Want a personal example? I first thought my tinnitus had to be related to my vertigo and balance problems and month long severe dizziness, and it took the 30 year veteran Harvard trained ENT five minutes to diagnose me as having Menieres Disease and an extra 3 minutes to send me home with diuretics and Valium. It took the Emory Neurologist 4 minutes to confirm I dont have Menieres and that I needed alot of MRIs. I wont bore you with the rest of the story but leave you with this. The original post by Glenville86 barely mentioned in passing the fact he had degenerative disk disease. I have cervical (neck) disk disease and hadn't remembered that I was starting to take larger doses of ibuprofen to treat the increasing neck pain around the same time. Give an extra point to the posters who highlighted the effects of proper posture and the negative effects of staying up all nite on the computer diagnosing myself with rare tropical diseases.
Bottomline, I probably had a inner ear virus (vestibular neuritis). I probably have atypical migraines (like the smart poster who said they dont have to involve severe throbbing headaches...think about it Glenville86). I probably have tinnitus due to the fact that I am in the lucky minority who have that side effect (ototoxicity) from high dose ibuprofen. I know the thread was officially about allergy and sinuses but consider the possibility that while Neti pots are great self administered treatments (my son uses his religiously),  alot of people actually DONT have sinus disease even tho doctors DO love to give that diagnosis and hand out unnecessary antibiotics. I guess everybody is a little bit right, even tho I hate to admit it to the guy who said exercise helps the most....cuz he may also be right and I am terminally lazy. I know we are scared.  I know doctors alot of the time suck. I also know we gotta try to think clearly and critically...and maintain a sense of humor :)
Your analysis is dead on!! People these days have way too much on their plate and not enough time to deal with things so their body and mind take the punishment for that. Multiple problems=Compounded stress. Take a breath, SLOW DOWN, and live life.
I came down with all the symptoms about 8 months ago. My wife was passing from cancer and it had me under huge amounts of stress. It started with the head cold from hell and just never really got better. The tinnitus was insane loud with neck,sinus and ear pain. The ENT had me on antibiotics for a CT scan verifyed sinus infection for 2 plus months. The next CT scan showed the sinus's were clear but all the sinus pain, earaches and tinnitus remained ? The ENT was brutal and said there was nothing more he could do ! I also had a dentist rule out TMJ.

I have been experimenting and found quiting my 15 cup per day coffee habit cleared up my nose and sinus congestion in about 3 weeks. The caffine withdrawal was horrific but I can breath through my nose for the first time in many months or even years really. I saw some place caffine inhibits histamine production and wonder if this has something to do with constant congestion ?

My tinnitus remains with off and on earaches and pain in my neck. The remaining symtoms seem to be ever so slowly fading and some days the tinnitus is so close to being gone only to come back the next day. I am unable to find any definite connection or reason for the good and bad days but am starting to feel its a stress thing ? My neck sounds crunchy with any movement and notice when its feeling better my tinnitus is better ?????? I saw in an earlier post for something called barre lieou syndrome and the stories sound very familliar.

So for what its worth - I dont think caffine is a direct cause of tinnitus but I am convinced it had a lot to do with sinus congestion. Caffine is also a diuretic and would cause constant dehydration / congestion ? I also read a story about 70% of anxiety patients who quit a six cup per day or greater coffee habit will have no symptoms in 6 months ? I mention this because anxiety seems to be a common thread on this board ?

If you're a big coffee drinker give this some thought. Im not cured yet but feel so much better !
I too live in the Ohio Valley and have all of the symptoms above.  I had
a bad virus at the end of May and it's been hell ever since.  I don't know
what it is but there sure is a lot of us having these same problems. I've been on antibiotics, had wisdom teeth pulled,
had my hearing tested, blah blah blah.  Nothing.  Tinnitus comes and goes but there is always dizziness, pressure,
stuffiness.  Wish there was an answer
Hi I am 23 years old and have been suffering with sinus problems for about 2 years. I have tried many sprays including precription sprays and nothing seems to work. I recently began steaming my nose, and using a neti-pot and even though I can breath through my nostrils, there is always a constant pressure between my eyes, under my nose. I get frequent headaches, and I feel like my head is going to explode. I feel particular pain when I breath in, and a mild relief when I push to breath out. I went through a round of antibotics which were completely useless, and feel like I am loosing hope. The pressure is the worst...I feel like I can't talk to anyone that long without getting extreamly tired or irritable. Has anyone had similar symptoms? I live in a dry environment, never have had accidents or allergies, I try using vics and a vaporizor but nothing helps. Any help would be AMAZING! I feel like its ruining my life
I had the exact same issues for about 6 months.  Go see another doctor and try to get a different/stronger antibiotic and also request a steroid shot at the same time.  This will help clear you out right away and the stronger antibiotic should kill any infection.  Now you should also continue the steroid sprays to keep you clear and also take mucinex to keep things moving.  I hope this helps.
I've had pretty much the same experiences many of you have had . . . Briefly, started with a wicked sinus infection that floored me before it was diagnosed. Since then (about 5 years ago) I've had recurring dizziness, foggy-headness, concentration problems, massive sinus/head pressure etc. Sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse. Since I live in New York City, even going to work was difficult, what with the subway commute, the crowds, etc. I was starting to get pretty anxious about it, to point of the anxiety being a bad as the symptoms. My family doc even suggested that it was all anxiety and recommended that I see a psychiatrist for it (which I was willing to do, but didn't think that was the root of the problem).

But recently I saw an allergist on the off chance that some random allergy was causing this and he suggested pretty strongly that it might be migraines. I argued with him a bit, but looked into it further. . . Now I think he was correct. Not a "classic" migraine, but migraine nonetheless. On a recommendation I bought a book, "Heal You Headache, The 1-2-3 Program" by Dr. David Buchholz. Cheesy title, even cheesier cover art. Look it up on Amazon (and read the reviews). Shockingly, every symptom I had was covered in the book, what's more, with a reasonable explanation.

Basically, the idea is this (for those who care):
Most headaches are caused by the same mechanism (migraines, sinus, tension, hangovers, etc) which is swelling and constriction of the blood vessels around your head. This can affect your sinuses just as readily (that swollen, pulsing feeling).
What's confusing is that it's caused by a whole bunch of factors: your natural level of tolerance, the weather, hormones, medicines, food and stress/anxiety. Since most of these are fluctuating around all the time, it's nearly impossible to pin down any one factor that "causes" migraines. So his program, in short, is the following:
1. get rid of any "rebound" meds like decongestants, etc.
2. get on a diet that limits or eliminates the most common migraine triggers (things like caffeine, MSG, red wine, onions, fresh baked goods, etc). Hopefully you'll feel better in a couple months and can start adding back stuff carefully.
3. get migraine medication if that doesn't work after a few months

I've only started this a few weeks ago, but here's what I've found.
1.  had about a week of actual headaches when I stopped coffee. Ouch.
2. was taking about 4 anvil cold/sinus per day. Stopping those didn't affect anything at all, which was surprising, as those were the only things I thought helped.
3. I actually feel much more clear headed and less sinus issues. I do feel pulsing feelings at my temples by the end of the day, but that's minor compared to feeling someone was squeezing a band around my head, which is where I was before.
4. I'm a food guy, so the diet *****, but it's not crazy or too difficult if the sinus/head discomfort was bad enough to try it in the first place;)

I just talked to my doc and he was pretty cool about it (considering he thinks it may be all in my head, so to speak.) He admitted to not much experience with migraines and recommended a neurologist. I'll see him next week and let you know the results, but thought it was worth throwing it out there since so many of you seem to be at wits end (which I understand completely).

And, btw, lest you think I'm shilling this book, I'm not. I think it's definitely worth the $15 buck or whatever it costs (it's already saved me that in Advil costs), but if you don't buy it, no skin off my back. At the least it's something you can mention to your own doc. Thanks to everyone for posting up your stories and letting me know I'm not nuts! Hope this helps someone!
(I've noticed a few forum threads that were similar, I'll post this a couple times, sorry for seeming like I'm spamming if you see it elsewhere)

I've got a lot of the same symptoms as most of you. The thing that bothers me the most is the dizziness.  Started having the dizziness, blurry vision, balance issues, pressure headaches sometimes. upper teeth pain one side, about 7 years ago. 2 things happened that were different...I got 5 dogs & I had a double herniated disk in my neck, went to chiro, although it was touching my spine, surgeon said if I wasn't having pain...leave it alone. Never associated the symptoms with that. due to insurance issues, never really pursued an answer. I had breast cancer last year & went to so many appts, tests, lab work etc that the symptoms took a back seat. Now I'm back at my family Doctor telling her some of the symptoms....She referred me to a rheumatologist for testing positive for rheumatoid factor,  neck problem again, but neck & back x rays show arthritis. As far as the other complaints....She said to me 'sorry I couldn't do anything about your dizziness....Left me wondering, why I have her!
Trying to figure out where to go to first? I will see rheumatologist for sure first, but who to next,  The allergist or neurologist. I had a dust allergy as a child so wondering if its my animals. My symptoms of balance & dizziness really put a damper on the cruise I took. Felt like I  walked sideways the whole time. Getting ready to fly & it gives me some anxiety.
It sounds like fungal sinus infection. Being still or staying down is the WORST for sinus problems. 80% of infections and polyps/swelling are from fungus/yeast.
You need enzymes, nasal rinsing and to get the book "allergies - disease in disguise"

Boston terriers are one of the worst dogs for me. It's individual, there aren't any less or more allergenic animals... it's 100% personal to your immune system and bio-load.

xylitol nasal spray, (to remove bio-film)
astelin for allergies and sensitivities like temperature, and omnaris are the best ones I've found in 10 years of hard research. Omnaris is a corticosteroid but is different than the rest of the spray ones. Doesn't make that ring of fat around the middle and water retention like nasonex.
and without serious asthma as a side effect.

supplements: msm, goldenseal, zinc, biotin, flax seed oil, holy basil, and gynura procumbens (a plant you can get and eat the leaves on) also curcumin if you can tolerate it. (gallbladders tend to not like it sometimes)

MOST IMPORTANT herb to take is Butterbur extract, clinically found to be as effective as singulair and cetirizine without being a drug or having bad side effects. I take 2 in the morning and 1 at night.

You can all get better, but you have to learn a lot more and change the way you live... but then you should be able to live a lot better and a lot easier.
Can anyone help me I'm having headache and feel like some is crawling in me head. They said i
have sinusitis. I then had this problems for about 3 1/2 months can someone please help me
***@****

I have the same head pain/pressure in my left side of my head for over a year, I thought I got to the root of the problem with a root canal  in Sept.2011(abscecced tooth) and I thought its taking awhile to heal because of the infection, the pain was going down my neck and up into my temple and back of head. It is still going on, I'm going back to the dentist tomorrow 11/16/11 to have him take another x ray. Then I'm going to ear, nose and throat Dr. and then neurologist, for an MRI, and I have wondered if it is due to neck problems and the pain is traveling up into my head. I don't know but this has been going on for over a year, and it's getting the best of me!
hi, im also having alot of the same symptoms. About 4 weeks ago i had an upper molar removed. the one that goes up into the sinus cavity. Well a few days later i started having bad pressure in my head, nose and temples. Felt like my head was going to pop off. I could hardly sleep at all. Finally i went to the urgent care and they told me i had a sinus infection because i had fluid behind my ears. He gave me amoxicillan to take for 10 days. Well after 4 days of taking it i was not having any relief. So i went to the ER. They did a ct scan but it came back normal. Which i thank god for. So therefore they told me to stop taking the amoxil because it wasnt a sinus headache and prob just a tension headache. So they gave me a muscle relaxer and sent me home. Finally the pressure got better but i started having pains in my neck ( front and back) and in the back of my head and temples.  And muscle spasms. So again i go back to the ER a few days later and he put me back on the amoxicillan. Ive only got 2 days left on it and i am still experiencing the same problems except now i am having crackling and crunching noises in the back of my head when i move my neck. I dont know if this is caused from having my tooth pulled or what? But its depressing not knowing what it is. And plus i have anxiety so that doesnt help any. If anyone can tell me what might be going on with me that would be nice. Oh and forgot to mention i have also been dizzy feeling for about 2 weeks now.
Chem streams look up
Chem streams look up
Chem streams look up there is everybodies answer
Look up chem streams
Please don't get rid the girl or dog it's the chem streams look up its on purpose read
Its the chem streams look up polluting the environment
It's coming from the chem streams on purpose the sinus conditions it's toxic
I too am having dizzy spells every day, pressure at the back of my head and tinnitus, my nose always feels blocked and I am sneezing a lot, I am on pills for anxiety as I too am worried about brain tumors, I also have frequent migraine attacks and have trouble concentrating!
Have you had your room tested for mold?  That gave me problems similar to yours?  Get a certified mold assessor to pull some air samples.  Doctors tend to just treat symptoms and not environment.  Find out more about your environment. Good Luck
I am on my way to the ENT tomorrow. Have been having a lot of your same symptoms (minus the dried nose- that probably is environmental).  Extreme pressure in the head, sinus problems, ringing in the ears ( constant for several months now, extreme shooting pains in my face around my checks, small hearing loss and even pressure in my head when I bend over ( all of this is on the left side of my face).  My dr finally did an MRI and found some polyps in my maxillary sinuses but I also have some thickening in the sphenoid sinuses (they couldn't see any of this on xray).  According to what I have been researching, most of my problems seem to be from this sphenoid sinus which sits behind the top of your nose between your eyes and is basically sitting on top of a major cartoid artery and a bunch of nerves.  I plan to ask about this specifically tomorrow because it is extremely rare and from what I read many doctors fail to diagnose this condition.   I haven't found anything out about treatment
Did you find out how to treat your issues?
You know just looking at the conversations on here has really helped me I to have had this pressure in my head and I was very worried that it might be a tumor but after reading these comments today I kno now that I can somewhat relax thanks a lot
Are you still around Broter? You posted one of the more coherent and insightful set of comments and I wanted to know what the latest is with you, your health. I am a psychologist with 5738975 physical and psychological symptoms of my own, so I am not judging anyone.
I also have bad anxiety and I have been concerned of the same problem. I have had anxiety all my life and have gotten used to all the usual symptoms but now some new ones are happening. Like my head feels like there is so much pressure its about to pop my eyes out. I dont have that much nasal drainage just post nasal mabye and its always clear. My face also feels like its on fire when this happens. It comes and goes through out the day but is worse at night. It might even go away for a month or so then come back. I did find a website(anxietycentre.com) for anxiety that showed 100 symptoms from anxiety and I think tour prob is one of them but I would still be checked out by a Doc first to be sure.
Hi guys, I'm M/38, and presently experiencing most of what you guys have like constant low tinnitus in both ears (now for more than 2 weeks), non-frequent pain of the following: teeth and jaw sensitivy, mild ear pain/pressure and headache.

Just to share my story, I got sick last July or August 2012 and felt my eyes will pop-out everytime I tried to vow my head forward. Went to a doctor and diagnosed me as having allergic rhinitis. The doc prescribed antibiotic (250mg), decongestant, and Montelukast for allergy and took it for weeks and I got better.

Then just this December 20 2012, I felt I'm having a flu and didn't go to work. Dec 24 just before Christmas, I decided to go a hospital but since it was a holiday here in the country, I was checked by personnel in emergency and told I have a nasal infection. Again, they gave me same antibiotic (500mg this time), and a decongestant. I started taking the medicine on the same day. But on the 26th, I woke and noticed I already have tinnitus. I continued to finished the medication for 1 week. I felt better after completing them but the tinnitus remains.

I've waited til after New Year and last Jan 6, I again decided to go to an ENT for a checkup, I felt frustrated during that session because the doctor only asked me what I am only feeling as of that moment and not hearing any story of how or when it started or history of any infections, etc.. so I told him that I have tinnitus, looked at my ears and saw that my eardrums are both normal. What he did was referred me to go for hearing and imbalance test without giving any medication.

And so I did go to a different and one of expensive hospital in the country for the test (pure tone and another one with speech recog and with some apparatus to insert in my ears), the results are normal. And right after taking the tests, I decided to go to a different ENT doctor on the same hospital for another checkup and result reading. And this time, I got what I expected to see for a doctor, he asked me of any background, listened to my stories, looked in both of my ears, checked my nose and throat, and found nothing wrong. The doctor gave me a prescription of gingko bilova and another vitamin B that should be taken for a week and that I should go back to him when completed. And that's so far the last check-up I had and scheduled to complete the medication til monday morning. Definitely I am going back to that same doctor on monday for a followup check up.

As of this posting, I still have tinnitus and some other like teeth sensitivity and occassional head and neck pain.

Any new suggestion of tests that I should take or things to be done and/or needs to be aware of.

Hope all of us get the treatment we need to get better.
Try this for all U guys symptoms:

2 sweetlimes morning & 2 in the evening for a mnth continuosly. You can take 3 also.

Let me know bow U feel after 1 mnth.
Santha ***@****
I can relate...I am 31 female...and have anxiety and the brain tumor thoughts are the same for me too....the ent told me i just have to live with it...i have pulsatile tinnitus.... i hear my luod heartbeat in my one ear and it is causing my head to have pressure and headaches...i can't take it and today is a bad day.  i feel you.
1. Get tested for mercury poisoning from dental work/fish etc. Chelation may be required. Cutler Protocol.
2. Corrrect postural problems in back/neck.
http://www.necksolutions.com/tinnitus.html
3. Yoga and mindfulness meditation helps massively.
4. Low level laser light for tinnitus.
5. Don't let Chiro touch your neck......elevates tinnitus. Instead start with a neck brace to see if this alleviates all symptoms from dizziness, tinnitus and pressure/numbness around and above ear leading into temple and top of head.

Good luck :)
I have the same as you for 2 years now. Have your symptoms gone?
I have had same symptoms but believe that I have turned the corner.
I read somewhere that headaches or head pressure can have 1000 different causes so it has been very depressing when trying to diagnose the cause of these symptoms
I started having problems in sept 2013. Head pressure, burning eyes, tired, tinnitus. It became chronic and the symptoms were just constant every day. I saw my primary care doctor, had an MRI, ct scan, ENT, eye doctors, mayo clinic. They found nothing. I then went to an allergy clinic 2 months ago just because there was nothing else to check. I didn't think I had allergies. The symptoms didn't sound like allergies. They did the test, I had average to severe reaction to 33 of 35 allergies tested. Doctor said symptoms can clearly be head pressure without the runny nose and itchy throat we all associate with allergies. I have been taking the shots for 6 weeks and my symptoms have slowly calmed down. I would estimate my current head pressure at 20% of what it was 2 years ago. Tinnitis is totally gone. The only classic allergy symptom I had was post nasal drip but I had that all my life. That is totally gone now. Doctor said if you have chronic head pressure, it can totally be caused by allergies. Seems to be true in my case. Hope this might help some of you.
I Have The Same Symptoms Mine Is Do From Food Too I have All Your Symptoms Plus More What Kind Of Allergy Shot They Give You They Told Me There Is Not For Food
Everyone,
Another comment about tinnitis. I was told at the mayo clinic that there is no cure for tinnitis. However, during my health issue I came to believe that the tinnitis was a symptom of my head pressure. Solve the head pressure and the tinnitis goes away. That is what has happened. One incident kind of validated this for me. The tinnitis was always what I would call low grade. If the rom was quiet I could hear it. Outside I never hear it just because of the noise. Last fall I went out to play golf. The wind really kicked up and I tightened my hat so it wouldn't blow away and the tinnitis got really loud. Took the hat off and it went away. In my situation, this just validated that the head pressure caused the tinnittis
I took prednisone but I get a depressed lassitude type of experience using corticosteroids. I stay with saline sprays, drink plenty of water, and using menthol type stuff to help breaking them up. I only use decongestants when I desperately have to.

I will get up from being relaxed or doing something in one position but when I change positions I get pressure that sometimes pulsates in my head. It goes away but it is quite annoying. I will also sometimes get pusatile tinnitus but again doesn't last more than a min or so.

27 year old male. Just endured many of the same symptoms discussed here for far too long. Dull constant pressure, emphasis on the top back part of my head and down to just above the ears (like how someone might wear a Yamaka). Sharper pressure/pain would move throughout the back of my neck, top of my head, and down my forehead to under my eye sockets - usually only one side of my head at a time (left or right), but sometimes on both sides during the worst episodes. Along with the dull pressure would be a low rumbling sensation within both ears - sometimes pressure would pulsate and I could hear/feel my head throbbing inside my ear. Dizziness, fatigue, and nausea followed closely with these symptoms. This constant feeling and worrying that my head might eventually burst, brought with it an intense amount of anxiety. Panic attacks were rampant, often 3 to 4 times a day (worst at night), until I was finally able to keep them under control. I was able to eat (although nauseous), had normal bathroom visits, more thirsty than usual - but aside from that (and the dizziness/fatigue/confusion caused by head pressure), I had no other symptoms. No congestion, no itchiness, no watery eyes, no fever, no runny nose - just the terrible head pressure with headaches. Unfortunately, at the time, I had just gotten over a bad bacterial infection that had plagued my nose, lungs, and ears - it was only natural to assume that these head symptoms were part of the previous illness. Suffered in hell for about a week and a half before realizing it was just terrible allergies from the dust and cat dander that had collected in my parents' house. Although Zyrtec generally doesn't make me feel well at all (makes me anxious and restless), it seemed to clear up my head pressure almost immediately. I spent the remainder of my visit home locked in a room with hardwood floors and multiple air purifiers running non-stop. I hope this helps anyone match their symptoms quicker - it is definitely possible to have allergies that manifest purely in the form of disconcerting head/ear pressure!
I'm 55 years old and have had a good helping of most of the symptoms listed above that I've read through since I was a child.  I've taken every OTC medicine known to mankind for headaches, sinus troubles, ear, throat, etc.  One day about 10 years ago I went directly to the pharmasist at our local store and told him my troubles.  I explained to him that I've taken every medication in his store and that absolutely nothing helps for any length of time - maybe an hour or two at best on a medication that can't be taken more often than 12 hours, 8 hours, etc.  He told me that lots of sinus headaches are actually allergy related and asked if I'd ever tried Benadryl.  I told him no since I'd never thought my headaches (since childhood) had anything to do with allergies, but I was willing to give it a try.  Praise Jesus!!  For the first time in 35 years (I was 45 at the time), my headache WENT AWAY and STAYED AWAY for hours!  HOURS!!!  To this day I use Benadryl for my headaches (yes, I still get daily headaches or at least 6 days out of 7) but now they are managable - no more nausea, no more pain radiating down my neck to my shoulder, no more tightness around my scalp - NO MORE PAIN.  That is, until it's time for another dose.  But I'm taking way less medication now than I was going through box after box of all the other OTC medications.  And best of all, generic Benadryl works just as well for a fraction of the cost - $2.50 for a bottle of 100 at Walmart!
I had a light headache about 15 years ago... a friend suggested Contact-C... headache went away for years.
They don't make contact C anymore.
Benedryl Allergry sinus has the same medications...
Now I take reactine allergy+sinus...