Can Coffee trigger allergic reactions
Is it possible for coffee to trigger allergic reactions, particularly skin rashes or itchy skin.  I have developed a itchy sensation on my body in a couple of areas.  Not sure if coffee intake can trigger allergies, I have not added anything new to my diet recently.
Caffeine is a drug that is found in all coffees even in decaf. Too much caffeine can cause jitters, headache, insomnia, and irritability. There also have been reported cases of allergic reactions to caffeine such as rash, swelling and difficulty breathing. Some coffees have very high concentrations of caffeine.
Coffee contains .3 grams of protein per eight ounce cup. An allergy to the protein in coffee is probably the least likely to happen but it is possible. The symptoms of a coffee allergy would be very severe. The symptoms for a coffee allergy include difficulty breathing, shock, tongue, and facial swelling.
Please visit a doctor immediately if this happens.
Ref:http://allergies.suite101.com/article.cfm/coffee_allergy_or_something_else
Hope you find the information helpful.