Allergy Community
Can you have a allergic reaction 8 hours after taking a pill

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Too a medication last night and this morning  All day i have felt like im allergic to it,,,i have no rash but off and on my breathing felt labored I cleaned the house bathed the dogs and now even 8 hours later my lips fill kinda dry and funny.I had fast heart rate i talked to my Dr on the phone and she feels its all anxiety and told me no need to go to ER..does anyone know if you can have a allergic reaction hours later and no rash or anything just some wierd symptoms like i have discribed
Thanks for the post!

Allergic reaction to a drug is possible after 8 hours of taking it, depending on what the drug is. It can also happen after taking 2 or more doses. Always it is not in form of a rash. It could be a labored breathing too. However since you have cleaned the house and bathed the dogs, even if this is a routine with you, it could be due to these activities.

Please let me know what the drug is. Then only I can tell you whether your symptoms are due to the drug or not.It could be due to anxiety too, especially if it a drug new to you.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!