Allergy Community
Candida of the throat, mouth stomac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Candida of the throat, mouth stomac

Hello i ahve had candida for 5 years on the back of my tounge. when i first got it the thrush was as far as the scope could see.i suffered from weight loss, dizzyness, hairloss, had a swollen throat, inflamation (inflammation) all over my body, and much more.,. i was misdignosed for 2 months with depression and was treated with meds for this and also given meds to clam me down..
im really angry and since have reserched my condition.. i was on fluconazole off and on and my symptons have worsened again.. burning on the skin and itching..dizzyness itchy throat and much more..
i have beged to see a immune doctors for years finally i found a doctor to refer me..
i dont have hiv so the doctors dont know why im sick..im so angry as i find alot of the doctors dont listen even when they have seen the thrush..
they havent even swabed it to see why it wont go away..
cheers to anyone who can help..
i have done the yeast connection diet and used probiotics etc this hasnt changed the thrush i guess because it has over growen..but i do have proof its there. and its highy likely in my mind that it has traveled futher..than my throat..currently im on a waiting list for gasto test with camera...
thrush was caused by penicillen..
Have you taken diflucan to try to get rid of it? Normally they do a single pill treatment, but for a widespread or stubborn case, they may give you 5 or more days of it. Have you had your immune function checked? If not, you need to, as thrush which continually recurs, or won't go away is often indicative of immune dysfunction.
i havent had my immune function checked yet.. hopefully soon, i was on diflucan 400mgs a day for 6 weeks then fluconazole 200 mgs a day for 1 months..its been a real battle i have finally got an opointment to see a immune doctor..its taken many years for this to happen..
i just want to be normal again...
I am sure the immunologist will do an immune system test, but if he doesn't offer it, insist on it. Good luck.
In 2002 I had a bady and because of mitral valve prolapse I was given 9 IV bags (don't know exact quanity) of antibiotics. Since then I have suffered with numerous problems for which no doctors can diagnose. One of them being yeast infections, thrush, hives, itching burning skin, inflamation (inflammation), mouth ulcers, constant bubbles coming from my throat like gas but not and the list goes on. Had tons of blood work, MRI, CAT Scan, Ultrasounds, upper GI, barium swallow, stress test and some I just can't remeber at the moment. I understand where you are coming from. I have of late been told it was all from prednisone they used to treat the itching and hives. It's been 6 months since predisone and I still have symptons. Please let me know if you find out what it is. Also I have posted 2 other post one on 3-22-06 hives, deep itching, burning and bone pain and ITS VERY IMPORTANT EVERYONE READ THIS ON 4-12-06.
i will definatly come back will an answer really frustrating isnt it when we know how sick we are and dont have a dignosies..
i am taking a patient advocate with me to my next apointment for support. i think sometimes when a patient is ill some doctors take advantage of it..
I believe doctors take advantage of people also. Especially if their rent is due. You can tell I'm sick of doctors. My husband says they see me coming because I am lucky enough to have very good insurance.
Oral Thrush is a form of Candida.  Everyone has Candida in the mouth; it cannot be "gotten rid of" completely.  You need it there, just not so much of it.  It will only become a problem if there is a change in the oral cavity which kill the bacteria keeping Candida under control and it grows in the mouth.  Diabetes, malnutrition, infection in the body, HIV or other immune disorder are common reasons this growth occurs.  People wearing dentures or bridges always have Candid on them.  If they are not kept clean, Candida can grow out of control, too.  Immune disorders not related to HIV can be hard to diagnose.  Treatments begin with getting the growth under control.  Antifungal pills are taken for several days. When the growth is under control, you can "kill" the fungus with oral antifungals,  Nystatin oral suspension and Fungilin lozenges are the most common.   The meds are taken in the mouth and held there for a few minutes before being swallowed.  This treatment combination is the generally excepted "best" treatment for oral thrush.  Hope this helps
I don't have HIV and the doctors have give up on testing me for autoimmune disorders. I have 5 doctors and they all have said it is depression and in my head. One doctor though, my internist said with having 2 slightly elevated ANA (8) test she would like for me to see another rhumotologists who specializes in lupus. What do you think? And my endo says it has been the prednisone they have been using to treat my hives. What do you think? And can't yeast make people very sick? Concentration problems, itching, hives, palpations, fatigue, vison problems, anxiety and the list goes on? The on going use of meds would also seem to be bad on the body.
I am unfamiliar with your problems, but if you are worried about the ANA test and how it relates to Lupus, I can tell you a couple of things.  First the ANA test is a test that measures certain components in the cell DNA.  If it is present, then the test is "positive".  This is not a test specifically for Lupus, just that the "markers" for the disease are present. It is a "place to start". Other tests need to be done to specifically identify Lupus. There are also several "types" of lupus.  The worst is Systemic Lupus, which can effect almost any of the systems in the body.  Another is limited to the skin, which would be seen as a rash that can "move around" on the body.  Another form of Lupus is drug induced.  The drug causes symptoms of Lupus, but will go away when the drug is stopped.  Drugs known for this include Hydralazine, isoniazid, and several anti-convulsants given for psychological disorders and depression.  Hope this helps
just wondering if you are a doctor, cheers also can you read my syptoms (symptoms) above i belive that this is what im suffering from cheers.
do a google search on disseminated systemic candida  this is what i belive i suffer from its is very difficult to test for this..many doctors misdignose conditions because they miss the symptons its very uncommon for someone to have this if they dont have hiv or any other immune issues. but there are plenty of cases of people who are 100% healthy who have got this overgrowth..
my syptoms (symptoms) are, swelling in my throat, dizzyness, itchy skin, burning sensation all over my body. cronic (chronic) fatigue, lost intrest in food, blurred vission, the feeling of inflamtion all over my body coming and going, hives, pain moving to differant areas in my body, itchy ear drums, cronic (chronic) reflux, vomiting off and on. eratic heart beat a couple of times,it really depends where the thrush is. and its very hard to get proof, biopsy is one good way to dignoise but can be very invasive..
AMENDI: I looked up the yeast info. But I don't have HIV. Wonder if it could mean autoimmune deseases also? Sorry Amendi. I dont want to step on your toes by posting on your post but while I have star queen I'd like to talk.

STAR QUEEN: My ANA Pattern Is Speckled At 8 with the normal being 7.5.Do you know anything about this? Doesn't seem that high to me? Can this slight elevation cause alot of symptons (including yeast and any others you can think of)? If you can help thanks if not it's OK I'm used it to and want take offense.
i do not have hiv, but thats cool i wonder if that lady is a doctor queen, cause she knows alot about illness,either she is a doctor or very well reserched...
The ANA test results come back as a titer number.  This is in two parts like 1:2.  This means that the lab tech had to mix fluid from the patient twice to get one sample free of ANA.  Your results are 1:8, which is within normal limits (the values differ between labs)and your test is considered negative.  There can be false positives, but false negatives are rare. There are 4 patterns seen under the microscope for the ANA test.  The "rim" pattern is the most specific to Lupus. "Homomgenous" is the most common marker for Lupus.  "Speckled, or Nuclear" patterns are not used to indicate Lupus, but to help the MD determine treatment when the first two are seen.  "Speckled" does not indicate Lupus. Hope this helps.
star queen:I went back and looked. It is 1:8. Thank you very much for the info.

amendi: I don't know if this person is a doctor either but I, like others appreciate that someone has a brain with some medical knowledge. Wish she/He would sit down with my doctor. Maybe they could figure all this out. It may not be proper to ask this person this question. There are so many rules and regulations every where you go. No what I mean. Keep me updated.
If the Candida is giving you difficulty swallowing, you may want to drink some lemon water.  Take the juice of a fresh lemon  and put it in about 20 oz of cold water do not add sugar.
It will not taste wonderful,and it will (and should) be bitter.  You say Yuck, but try it anyway.  The acids from the lemon juice may temporarily "deaden" the nerves in the throat as well as shrink the tissues, reducing the pain and the swelling.  It may or may not help, but unless you can't eat citrus, it certainly won't hurt you and you will get lots of vitamin C. You can drink as much as you want as often as you want and it won't interfer with any meds you are taking. You can add sea salt (not processed) to the lemon water to "boost" it.  The salt will help "draw out" fluids from the swollen tissue, helping it to shrink. Unprocessed sea salt contains alot of trace minerals in it you don't get from regular foods or vitamins.  You may see some grains of sand in the glass after you drink, but that's okay.  You shouldn't go "overboard" on the salt by adding it to all the lemon water during the day.  One or two pinches (about 1/2 tsp) in one or two bottles of water is enough for the day.  If you have high blood pressure and are on salt restriction, don't add the salt. Hope this helps.  
I took the time to look up disseminated systemic candida, although I didn't go via Google.  Candida attacks the warm and moist parts of the body, mouth and throat normally.  However when it manages to get into the blood and begins to attack organs it is called "disseminated" which simply means "scattered".  The primary symptom of this is renal failure.  Reviewing your sysmptoms, I doubt this is your problem.  The usual way Candida gets started is when you are taking antibiotics for some reason. The antibiotics kill off the good and the bad bacteria, leaving the Candida to grow wild.  Part of the problem is that sufferers don't regrow the good bacteria fast enough because meds keep killing it off.  One of the ways you can help yourself is to eat good bacteria in foods like yogurt. The other main culprit for Candida to take over is using anti-bacterial soaps, shampoos, skin applications, and body products.  If you use these products you are preventing good bacteria to grow on the skin and hair to protect you and help keep Candida under control.  Reviewing your symptoms, I wonder if you have had your Thyroid checked? Dizziness can occur even when you are asleep and cause nausea and sometimes vomiting.  This is a Thryoid symptom. Actually all of your symptoms other than Candida can be caused by Thyroid hormone imbalance. My suggestion is to have the doc run a blood test for Thyroid, a Thyroid cascade, and also do a Thyroid Ultrasound to check if you have cysts.  Make sure you are eating sufficient iodine, or take a supplement of Kelp (220mcg). Get rid of all the anti-bacterial products in the house and eat yogurt to replenish bacteria.  Talk to your doc about some of the bacterial supplements on the market that can be taken for the stomach to get bacteria back into the stomach and intestines. Getting the good bacteria back in balance will go a long way to getting the Candida under control.  Hope this helps.
Well I see an immunoligist and the candida was just horrible. She said simply a tablespoon of lemonjuice in a glass of water each morning and thrush will go.  I did and still works.  I asked about yoghurt and she said it wasn't as dependable.  So good luck!!!
I haven't taken the time to read all posts but I have read that dry mouth can cause thrush. Saliva helps keeps things in balance in your mouth.
I do believe that I read that S.S.R.I.'s (anti-anxiety/depression medications) can cause dry mouth. Worth a look into, I think.
hey there, i have battled the same thing for about 9 years, now
taken alot of medicine in  that time which has not worked, i have not tried the diet thing, as to no sugar.i feel healthy though, just can never obtain a clean coated tongue, i brush the stuff off every 2 - 3 times a day, I am married and have one 5 year old, i noticed he has it to, and my wife, she thinks its all cosmetic, but i worry for my son,, i have to find a solution
i can consume your whole train of thought sometime,  i hate it, but there is worse, anyway - i saw a ent - stated it was normal, i had a blood test for sugar levels, aids hep B, C - the next step is the heamotology appoint,  i was thnking of getting threelac, its just so damn expensive, the lemonjuice & water is the go to i'd say, anyhoo,
take care

steve
hello thanks for all of your comments.. I went to the immune doctors.. and all they are doing is testing my blood..to find out why my body isnt fighting off the thrush.. since i dont have hiv they will test other things..
I still feel that i have dissimentated candida.. and it hasnt been fully treated what doctor would deal with this..cheers..
Still watching your post. Continue to keep us posted. I'd like to know what they find. Thanks.
hi well my tests are in all is fine with my immune system..
my doctor is now refering me to see a doctor in infectious deaseses.. so fingers crossed my family doctor now with much reasearch feels that i do have systemic candida..
and if looked into futher there are many places that it can spread to..even tissues..
the only true way to test for this is biopsy..
i will keep you posted..
i have also joined a forum for thrush patients and many of my syptoms (symptoms) listed above they suffer from..
Infectious disease doctor? Hmmmm. Have they done the biopsy or does another doctor have to do this? Where is this other forum site you are referring to. Thanks.
a nother great link
http://www.candidachat.com/forums/index.cfm?b=Candida&post=yes
no biopsy yet... the new doctor is going to investagate futher..
the forum is link below..

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/candidiasis/

yeast infections can cause many issues..
check out this forum its interesting reading.. im also google searching other places with candida forums..
to talk to others who have been through what i have..
I thought lemons were a no no when trying to rid the body of candida??

Have some more questions too :)
E-mail me at ***@****  
I just started taking Food Grade 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to clear up my Candida problem - what are your thoughts?

Coast Health Saunas
It has been two months with a tightened throat.  No evidence of candida in my mouth.
I also am experiencing extreme menopause symptoms.
At first I thought it was an allergy, or perimenopause, or whatever. My naturopathic ob/gyn suspects candida. I am taking acidophillous/lactobacillous live cultures and D5 to kill bacteria.
Meantime I went to an ENT who told me after scoping my throat that I have a white mucus coating my throat. Does that sound like candida?   He said that I was not producing enough saliva and prescribed a very expensive medicine( Evoxac) that I could not manage.   He came to this conclusion in 5 mins. I now have another appt. with a highly recommended ENT.  I also have a low producing thyroid which I just began to treat.   Please tell me what you think. I am going nuts!
How does one get Candida?
How is it definitely diagnosed?
What type of Doc?
What tests?
I have never had allergies nor any evidence of candida. Yet two homeopaths gave an opinion of Candida in my throat simply by hearing my symptoms of throat tightness and evidence of white mucus as seen by an ENT guy. Shouldn't the throat be swabbed and tested?
What have you found out about the lemon juice?
Where do you get food grade HP?
Is it safe inside the mouth,throat?
I got the food grade HP from a health food store in our area and it seems to have worked along with Bee Pollen and Bee Propolis and Papaya enzymes chewable with my meals & I'm also taking a Sauna each night too before bed ( I'm not sure if it was all of them combined or just one of them but I'm just glad the tight throat and heartburn (reflux like) stressed out symptoms are gone - pretty happy to say the least - was getting kind of freaked out actually. With respect to the Food grade HP - be very careful of the info you read and dosages - I personally just used 3 drops in a glass of water and swished it around my mouth before swallowing. I recommend speaking to your Doctor and having him suggest or deny you based on your present condition or symptoms. I was freaked out so I just went for it.

I personally would try the Bee Pollen & Bee Propolis and Papaya enzymes chewables with meals and a good probiotic along with a Sauna each night from a non-alergenic far-infrared sauna if you have one ( some people are allergic to certain woods - ours are Hemlock and output 0 VOC's ( Volatile Offgassing Chemicals ) as per our 3rd party Testing done right here in Canada.

More questions on the saunas can be answered by checking us out at Facebook dot com and people searching jay simons

Hope this helps - because if you're feeling what I was feeling - it's not good at all

CoastHealthSaunas
Thanks Amendi for starting this thread.  Everyone's post has been enlightening.  I am glad to see someone is improving with regards to persistence.  I do not know if I suffer from Candida. However, I am happy that all my test has come back negative. These include STD tests, HEP panel tests, blood work, urine work, MRI and CAT scans, Thyroid testing.  However, my symptoms started after a wild vacation to the Dominican Republic.  I was perfectly healthy up until a week after my return Feb 19, 2007.   These are just a few symptoms I have been having since Feb07.

1. Tingling sensation throughout my body.
2. Weird sensation crawling in my head daily.
3. Starting to have dry mouth and tingling at the back of my throat.
4. Slight vision problems
5. Slight tingling in my penis and anus.
6. Belching and the sensation feeling of a large mucus ball at the base of my throat/esophagus.
7. Slight sinus problem.
8. Ear pain and popping.
9. Dermatologist stated I have steatocystoma multiplex from the lumps I have developed on both forearms.
10. elevated blood pressure at times 136/84

I do not know what to think anymore.  Every now and again, I have a good day.  I do know that the severity of my symptoms is based on what I eat and when I eat.  Any help or suggestions would be of most help.  One or two suggested sinus infection or Chlamydia. My GP thanks it is all anxiety.  
Only a stool sample with confirm the presence of Candida. Blood tests help but not as definitive!!
I had the stool test done about a month ago and just got my results back.  I'm thinking the lab was the rocky mountain lab that I sent it to.  To have all the blood draw and stool sample tested it was 251.00.
My mother who is a T-Cell lymphoma patient recently develope Candidiasis in the throat within these 3 week. She is in severe sore-throat pain. She has dificulty swallowing at the moment.

I need help & guildance on how to threat this. My brother in lawyer's cousin is a doctor, according to him, Candidiasis occurs usually in children, however if adult have it, usually its a gone case. I don't believe him.

Please help me !

Loi

i am sorry, but i am having a hard time understanding some of it because of the mis types.
Not sure if you are still reading this, but if so .....
I had all symptoms that you listed except lumps on arms and high blood pressure. Started about a week after I returned back from a trip  when I developed mouth sores (my husband got them also). His were gone after a couple of weeks but I had mine for a couple more, also mouth began to get very dry with a whitish tongue. One night I woke up with my legs tingling, this progressed into painful pins and needles on my legs and arms. I ended up going to urgent care, where they gave me a steriod and asked if I had any family history of MS. To make a long story short...my reg. doctor thought it was stress but ordered all kinds of blood tests anyway. I also had a orthoscope procedure to check my swallowing difficulty.
All tests were neg. One year later....all symptoms have disapeared. I now believe it was stress which started with the white tongue and got worse from there. Symtoms (symptoms) started slowly disapearing after I started excercising again, taking better vitamins, meditating etc. Just wanted to share my experience. I happened to stumble upon this when looking for info on itchy mouth due to allergies.
Take care and good luck to all!
Everyone needs to have the white spots in their Mouth (gums) & tongue checked out by their dentis or periodontist, to make sure it's not lichen planus. I have had this for 20+ yrs. It is an autoimume disease...they don't know what causes it, & there's no cure, but it sure is about yeast. Also, anyone who is having real difficulty swallowing needs to be scoped by a GI doc. That can be the first signs of espogeal cancer...Sister    
yes...and I cannot believe how similar my problems are to Amendi's!!  I wish I could still post and have him/her post back - seeng as this is such an old thread... I have been suffering so long (over  a year) with such a vast array of symptoms. I do not have HIV but, they are thinking my candida stems from exposure to mold!!!  I'd love to know everyone progress now!!  I still have good and bad days... I am turning up allergic to so many things - medicines too... it's getting very frustrating!! I ate suc a simple diet today and I am itchy all over (I never break out in visible hives but, my face and neck can become red)  I take nystatin powder every night.  If I am not busy being allergic to something and coughing like crazy, I am in the throws of a migraine and vomiting!  such fun when you are trying to live your life.  I have NO interest in food. and am trying to push on with my life...I read amendi's post and was like "yes...yes...yes...that's me too!"  I grew up SO healthy - into sports, love to spend time outdoors - now, it's like - let's just make it through the day! I hate this!
I have been looking into a product called Threelac.  It is kind of expensive, I believe about $45 for a month supply, but I think three months of it plus eliminating sugars/yeasts for a month or so is supposed to kill off the bad and replenish the good bacteria.  I like that its not something I will have to take forever, so I think I am going to give it a try.  My doctor has recommended it along with something called Elemental Oxygen Plus (i think that's what its called), or a similar product which is supposed to also help.  At least something to research and consider.
I've never heard of Threelac. I'm going to research it and talk to my doctor before I pay for a not over the counter product/remedy.
Threelac is an over-the counter product, basically a very powerful probiotic with three kinds of beneficial bacteria from what I understand.  Both products I am looking into are OTC; I am not keen on prescribed medication unless it treats the cause instead of the symptoms.
hello, just happened to be looking for any new information concerning the dangers of medrol pak usage, and saw so many others that are having problems i suffered with so many years ago.  actually, all of you are experiencing what i went through for the past 25 years.
does this sound familiar, visit to doctor for hives or similar skin problem, then given prednisone.  health improved so wonderful that i wanted to tip my doctor.  months later, problem reoccurs, but this steriod only fixed it again by a slight increase.  years later, i'm nolonger my self, and my numerous different types of doctors have used me as if i was their practice piece, for they prescribed drugs with such side-effects that they must have felt i'd die before any thought of a lawsuit for not really taking the time to try and really findout what is killing me.
about five years ago, after listening to my mind and body experiences, i began to pinpoint my problem.  i adjusted my diet.  
so that you all understand why i'm one of you, and have felt the need to inform you all of a possible cure, my problem has left me with scarred skin, a trach, and an inability to talk.
this will not be an easy road, but it may be some of the best information you will be giving without making a deal with the devil.
i'd bet all of you are dealing with food allergies.  
take what i write very serious, for i have been where many of you are or will go.  
first step is to adjust your diet.  no gluten, no dairy including butter proboitics, no citrus, and reduce your intake of raw sugars.  next, no medications if possible.  your diet will allow your body to fix itself.
my diet includes:

beef, fish, pork, chicken,
all vegetables and non-citrus or ascorbic fruits
corn and buckwheat

its up to you how you prepare these items to create a diet menu that will not bore you, but it has been done, and i feel and think as clear as i had during my healthy 20's.  the dangerous side-effects of the drugs i took because of narrow-minded so-called specialist have left me with my skin scarring and trach, but i don't feel as if i'm going to die.
i'm a black male that came from the deep south, and i researched the town i grew up near.  it had a paper factory.  i think the chemicals released into the air and water may have affected my mom, and such a change in her self caused the problem of her coming child, me.  also, my research of such chemicals that big business uses have altered the way foods is grown, and our bodies have not adjusted nearly as fast as needed to digest such alterations.  i think i'm one of those that have an even less ability to adjust to such a food change.  but, there are those that have adjusted so-what, but they are dealing with the devil.
it took me about a week to start feeling and think a bit clearer.  
just to get you started, for the first week, fast for three days, then eat only slightly boiled vegetables and baked meats.
during those three days you should go through what is called a 'die-off.'  you will feel as if you have the flu, but stick to what i have mentioned.   i can be reached at  ***@****
I'm just wondering how you are all doing and what has helped. I have a throat-candida problem-i believe its been here a long time. 2 yrs ago my throat started closing up due to sugar related food.thrush was visible on my tongue.I still fight sore throats-colds.Fungal defense-by Garden of Life comes to my rescue-I let the supplement dissolve down in my throat-a good 20 minutes.then i feel better-I dont get sick..Im going to try some of your suggestions too.I feel like my immune system is fighting constantly.Also-more alkaline diet is supposed to be good-too much acid-bad.for any condition.But  citrus-supposedly turns alkaline in our bodys.Lemons are alkaline but contain citric acid.
samm44's diet is what I ate to help me get well 2 yrs ago-icould only eat meat-veggies that werent sweet.When it was severe i couldnt eat fruits,dairy,bread,pasta.,I also took probiotics and the fungal defense.it finally got better--
    -I'm afraid i havent the discipline yet to eat like this all of the time.-I really crave meat .but if you research acid -alkaline balance you will find meat is acidic.So many things dont compute!
HERE IS MY STORY

DRS SAY THERE IS NO CURE
nothing is wroking

i want to give up

it all started about 6 weeks ago
my tongue began burning like id licked a kettle or iron
i went to the dr and she coudlnt see anything and gave me a script for amoxycillin saying 'only pick it up if it doesnt go away'

the next day i was ok. (that day i was unable to talk or eat)

anyway 2 fridays later (9 days later0 the night of hte justin timberlake concert it happened again but dindt go away

it got so bad i went to an after hours dr saturday night who said it was oral thrush and told me to get nilstat drops

well every chemist in perth is out of them

we drove to like 11 chemists and found one with some bottles left

i saw my gp monday who believed i had thrush AND bacterial so she put me on amoxycillin as well as drops

by thursday i was ok

sunday night at midnight my face swelled up like a baloon. i went to rph and they said 'we dont know what it is but your tongue isnt white. we dont think its thrush'

they told me to take nilstat anyway coz it helped last time

by wednesday i was ok

anyway saturday lunch time (9 days ago now) my face swelled like a balloon

once again nilstat. saw my gp on monday who put me on some pills called noviral or something

ive been ok sincde tuesday but hey presto driving home from the train station tonight and my face swelled agian

i dont know what to do. IT IS AGONISING
If you have any feelings that it is thrush then you should be on levaquin (a synthetic antibiotic)!!!!!
Can you ask anyone around if they have Nystatin powder?!  Nystatin has the least occurance rate of allergic reaction to it...It sounds like you are in Australia so, I am not sure what your health system is like over there...keep me posted!  I also hear that Candida (causes the thrush) does not like Limes...try some fresh lime juice in water too... just a thought...don't give up - it sounds like your doctors don't know what to do - can you see an allergist?
I just wanted to share my experience with anyone that has suffered from candida.
My symtoms (symptoms) started with acid reflux and a swollen throat that felt like a knott in my throat. 3 weeks later I went to the doctor and bloodwork showed everything ok, but endoscopy confirmed level one gastritis.
I dont like taking prescription medicine and postponed taking an acid blocker. Well 2 months later I started Prevacid and 3 months later my condition became worse. If I stopped taking the acid blocker for a day or two my acid reflux pain would reach to an unbearable level.  
Becide the pain I then reached a severe fatigue that kept me away from work and made me go from 155 lbs down to 130 lbs.
It was during this time that I finally realized that I had a systemic fungal infection. I stopped going to the doctors because they dont understand much of fungal infections  and they dont care about helping patients. Like a lot of you, I was told that it was all in my mind and was prescribed antidepression meds.
After doing some research I started doing the candida diet and noticed some quick impovement. I also took a natural supplement named Candidol. I took this for 3 weeks and felt additional relief. I then took Diflucan for 3 weeks and I was quickly able to get off the Prevacid, proving that the fungal infection was causing the acid reflux. I then took daily doses 3 times a day of probiotics for several months and during this time alternating between natural and prescrption antifungals which included garlic, buffered oral oxygen, nystatin,  and capryilic acid, The Nystatin and Diflucan generics I purchased in Baja California because you dont need a prescription in Mexico.  
Five months after I started treatment I was able to eat food that I couldnt during the time that I was doing the Candida diet like eat pizza,  drink wine, beer. I finally felt like my old self again.
I continue to take a good probiotic and I forgot to mention that I also used 50%hydrogen peroxide and 50% water mixed and used as a mouth rinse and gargle, this worked well against mouth fungus.
If you take prescription antifungals you need to make sure that your organs are healthy enough to take for a short period of time, and they only seem to work the first time you take them, the candida seem to build a resistance it you take them for too long.  
Good Luck and dont give up with your battle against this infection!        
Jan.19,2010  -Confused-   For appro. 2 years I have suffered with severe fatigue, weak spells,nausea and trouble with my throat, I constantly have a very sticky white substance in the back of my throat which is absolutely impossible to cough or spit up, the only relief from it is to swab my throat with a q-tip several times a day and through-out  the night to remove the substance.  I have gone to my doctor some many times I have lost count and he always says the same thing "oh it is just allergies" and gives me samples of nose sprays and allergy pills and so far not one thing has helped the problem.  I told him I had looked at some sites on web md and discovered a few people with similair symptoms and ask if he  thought it could possible be candida and he blew his stack and told me I should stay away from sites like web md.but did not answer my question about the candida. If anyone has suffered a condition similair to this and you have information, please inform me. Thanks.
hi everyone here,

i too have candida for only last 3 weeks, in these 3 weeks , is it possible to get candida  overgrowth'ed ?

what do you think about the below link for the solution or cure.

http://*****************/question/index?qid=20080128172633AAt9V8Z

Note : Please update us if anyone get rid off candida, it will get people ..please
Have you guys been tested for H Pylori? I have heard of one or two people with symptoms like this with H Pylori, especially the weight loss problem and belching. Belching means fermenting in the stomach. Post back am interested to know if this fixes any problems.
Doctors are stupid- not all are stupid but IMO a LARGE number of them are all unworthy of the medical degree they have received.

So, I think I have Systemic Candidiasis.

Why? I have ever symptom listed all the way up to stage three which is supposedly weakness and numb extremities. I've been a butterfingers for a month or two now and it is getting worse- sort of like I can't feel what I'm holding so my grip weakens despite me not trying to weaken it.

I have Autoimmune Hypothyroidism. This alone is a contributing factor.

I have IBS which causes me to eat only ONCE a day and stay away from every food that isn't simple carbs- it's the only thing I can eat (pasta mainly) without crapping 20 times a day.

So, autoimmune disease, diet of simple sugars (and no yogurt/cultures what so ever) and PCOS.

THIS is where it gets even more hilarious...

I started birth control (Progestin and Estrogen) and within the first month of taking them my eye sight went dim, blurry and very sporatic (hard time focusing my eyes) and I figured it might be the birth control. I brought it up with the gyno and she said "Stay off it for two weeks, see if your eyesight comes back." and it didn't so I figured it wasn't anything to do with the birth control.

I go to the optomologist and he has no idea why my eyes are blurry- they just are and they can't be fixed.

So, I come back to think it is the birth control after more extensive reading.

Now, autoimmune disease, simple carbohydrate diet with NO live cultures AND worsened after taking birth control containing estrogen/progestin- Candidiasis?

To make matters worse my itchy papule rash is no longer only my issue- because my boyfriend has developed an identical rash which itches as well.

So now we have me being autoimmune compromised, eating only simple carbs and no way of keeping good bacteria around, symptoms worsened by estrogen/progestin AND my boyfriend is now getting the same rash I have. It seems too coincidental for it to be in my head especially when it is no longer just affecting me.

All of my symptoms have been around for all the stages since I was about 15 but really kicked up when I started the birth control three years ago.

SYMPTOMS: Severe bloating, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Severely decreased vision, Cold (and numb) extremeties, MEMORY PROBLEMS, Trouble recalling everyday vocabulary words, forgetting tasks I used to be able to execute flawlessly, Irritability, Crying for no reason, SEVERE bouts of anger (but who could blame me with all these symptoms) Full-body Itching/Papule Rash, and to top it off I get Insomnia/waking every 20 minutes to every hour if I'm lucky.

That is not all the symptoms, but it's a lot of the annoying ones.

I say doctors are stupid because even printing up lists of symptoms- detailing every single one- they still tell me it's nothing.

In fact my doctor once said to me,"They will have hover-cars before they have a name for what YOU have."

Yeah, she's a real great doctor.

Anyway, lucky for me I can just go on the candida diet but I'd still like to put a name to this monster that has ripped my life away. It's not like I'm seeking drugs- this is just something I want to diagnose for peace of mind and to come to terms with why my body is failing me. I'm 23 years old and for the past three years I've been getting worse. I've turned into an elderly woman from the lack of sleep and symptoms I have been battered with for the past three years and I want to know why.

Where the hell is Dr. House when you need him...

well done sam ..i to have been a sufferer of candida for over 30 years its all about managing what you eat ..i caught mine when working in very damp and mouldy cellars i became very ill at this time and the docs said i had glandular fever and prescribed anti-biotics which i took for weeks and weeks i recovered.. but then this " mystery" flu like symtems started which i know now was the start of my system imbalance caused by anti-biotics overuse ..i can go a few years with no problems and then bang!! it hits me..it is a sod to control as you know the only way is the natural way if you take perscribed drugs to try and kill it you will only get worse mine went systemic...i have tried lots of "cures" but the best is NO SUGAR OF ANY TYPE ..cut out bread ,no alcohol, drink lots of plain water ,plenty of garlic,a good pro biotic, etc , yes you will feel worse at first so be prepared for it that is all about healing the body as you lose the toxins ...the worst part for me at the moment is my throat which is full of candida and it is really hard to get rid off ...anyway i hope this is some use to you sufferers out there ....peter from anglesey ,wales ,uk .      
I am detoxing from an overgrowth of candida in my body that the doctors pretty much ignored...felt better because of it and am on the road to recovery..(after 2 years of craziness), I recommend Agrisept-L in conjuction with the detox!