Allergy Community
Cannot breath through nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Cannot breath through nose

I am suffering from allergies from 5 years now. I have gone through DNS in Feb 2009. No positive effects.
I have taken allergy test and outcome was that I am allergic to coffee and dust mites.
Since than I am taking vaccines prepared by allergist. Its been 1.5 years..But still I see no improvements.

I tried nasal irrigation but it get worse after that. I think the saline water s going somewhere else than required because  of congestion.

My quality of life is seriously impacted and I am not sure how I should lead normal life.

Please help me.

Regards,
Pankaj
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
The aim of the therapy for allergic manifestations is identification and removal of trigger factor. It is the most important and the only effective long-term therapy. Maintain a diary and note down and monitor your symptoms. This may help to narrow down the search.

As you are already aware of the triggering factors, avoid them or desensitize yourself. And try steam inhalations, it may help to clear the passages.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.