Can't Breathe, Chronic Fatigue with Chronic Asthmatic Bronchitis
The doctor said that I developed asthmatic bronchitis and acute environmental asthma- was around a lot of 2nd hand smoke and smoked a little.
I've had recurring infections almost 1 a week last year- I was in the ER with an abscess on my back requiring draining.  sometimes the symbicort/proventil doesn't seem to work and I don't feel normal- I have trouble breathing and low cortisol, chronic fatigue.  I also have sleep apnea and am maybe 20-30 pounds overweight.  What more can I do to get better and be able to breathe and have energy please?
How are you? If you have recurring infections, I recommend that you check with a pulmonologist for further evaluation. Losing the excess pounds may also help with the sleep apnea. One of the risk factors for sleep apnea is being overweight wherein the fat deposits around the upper airway may obstruct the breathing. Avoid alcohol and certain medications such as tranquilizers and sleeping pills which can relax the muscles in the back of the throat and may interfere with breathing. Sleep on your side or abdomen rather than on your back. And keep your nasal passages open at night. Saline nasal spray may help keep the nasal passages open. Take care and do keep us posted.
Dear Doctor, I am still suffering from chronic fatigue, sleep apnea, asthmatic bronchitis?  I'm recovering from bronchitis but this year only have 1 infection.  Even after regular use of the inhalers/nebulizer I was having breathing problems- HC and prednisone helped me to breathe and relax.  is this because my asthmatic bronchitis is going to be lifelong?
I have low cortisol 2.4 and testosterone- is this causing my immune system problems?
thanks for your help!!!  my BIPAP is set on 11/4 bilevel but the sleep lab gave 18/14 auto which was making me nauseous and unable to sleep- I think the supplemental O2 helps a lot set on high.  thanks so much!!
Thanks for the updates. It is good that you are feeling better. If your present medications are not helping with the symptoms, it is best that you inform your attending physician for proper management. A change of medication or dosage may also be indicated. Treatment for bronchitis is usually supportive. And patients with underlying lung diseases such as asthma are usually at greater risk of developing recurring infection.  Do keep us posted. Take care and best regards.
what about this 3 month course of azithromycin for asthma?