Allergy Community
Can't Smell 4 3 years after flu shot / pregnancy HELP!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can't Smell 4 3 years after flu shot / pregnancy HELP!!

I got a flu shot in Nov 2006, a couple days later I got a little cold and lost my sense of smell.  Found out I was pregnant 3 weeks later. Could not smell for entire pregnancy, sneezed about 40 times a day with severe congestion and had to blow my nose at least 50 times a day (I counted). 3 months after baby still no change went to ENT who said I had the worst case of inflammed adenoids (adenoids) he'd ever seen and put me on steroids, singulair, nasonex and clarinase.  The steroids helped me gain my smell back and nose cleared up for about a week then I lost smell again.  The other drugs keeps my nose about 30% open but I did not regain my smell.  Two years later and I'm still on the medication but no smell.  Went to new ENT who told me I could get sugery which may or may not work or move to Canada where the air is clear.  I am so frustrated, I long to smell my two year old daughter, I have almost burnt the house down on two occasions because I could not smell the smoke.  I have even served spoiled cold cuts to my husband after I ate my sandwich and got very sick.  Please help.  What can I do to get my smell back, It is killing me.