Chronic Cough only in winter
I suffer from a chronic cough usually brought on by a common cold sometime in November.  Unfortunately it lasts all winter until the warmer weather of spring.  I have found that drinking cold things only makes the cough worse.  It is a dry cough.  What is the cause of this and how can I stop the cough?  Is this cough "Bronchial Urticaria?"
Hi, welcome to the forum. No, it is not a bronchial urticaria. It is quite important to rule out the cause of the cough, at the same time exacerbating factors, such as exposure to environmental tobacco smoke, dust etc. should be pointed out and further exposure should be avoided. The type of cough in your case suggests cough dominant asthma. This may be seen in association with the factors like cold air, sleep, or allergens.

You need to undergo certain tests like allergen test, spirometry, and serological test for Chlamydia and bronchoscopy to rule out foreign body.

Treatment includes cough suppressants, a trial therapy with bronchodilators, avoiding triggering factors, and available home remedies like use of honey and echinacea. I suggest you to consult physician specialized in respiratory medicine for evaluation and prescription and above drugs. Take care and regards.