Chronic Cough
I developed a cough over two months ago and still have this tickle in my throat that causes me to cough at least 4-5 times daily. I stopped going to church because people look at me like I have something really bad. Sometimes I throw up a lot of mucous and I really cough a lot at night. I had two rounds of antibiotics, z-pack, Alevox, Allegra D...phenagran w/codiene and I still have these attacks....someone please help me...sometimes I wet on myself I cough so hard and it makes my head hurt. I can't go anywhere without fear of having these attacks...I've become withdrawn from society.

Do you have any other symptoms like breathlessness, reflux symptoms or heartburn or nasal symptoms like nasal discharge etc. Do you smoke?

Chronic cough is usually seen in cases of asthma, GERD or gastro esophageal reflux disease and sinusitis due to the post nasal drip.

You should try steam inhalation, warm saline gargles, saline nasal drops and oral antihistamine medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If the cough still persists, it would be best to consult your doctor and also get a chest xray done to rule out a chest infection.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you need any other information.

Regards.