Chronic Post Nasal Drip
I have chronic post nasal drip which causes me to cough and hack .  It makes a tickle in the back of my throat sometimes or it just drips and causes me to cough it up.  I don't have a cold or sinus infection,I do have hay fever, but that usually subsides with medications.  i am finding that nothing seems to help stop[ this problem for a long period of time.  Claritin helps for a couple of hours, Benadryl helps but as soon as it wears off its back again.  I've been used to having PND for years, but there was always a reason.  This time it's continuous...everyday and night with maybe a few hours in between when it stops.  It actually started being chronic last Spring...then it seemed to go away at he end of June and during July.  But two weeks ago it returned with a vengeance.  Please what can I do???
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like allergies to me.  You should see your primary care provider for an accurate diagnosis.  There are many things that can be done to help controll allergies and reduce PND.

You may want to start with sinus rinses.  They are very effective in controlling allergies and resulting PND.

God bless.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Post-nasal drip is one of the most common characteristics of chronic rhinitis. There are several medications used to cure this condition. These include decongestant and steroid nasal sprays, oral steroids, antihistamines, oral decongestants, mucus thinning agents and allergy shots. Drinking a lot of liquids is vital as liquids help to stimulate the flow of mucus and dilute it to an extent. Washing nasal passages with a saline solution on a regular basis also helps to wash away the bacteria and foreign particles which may be lodged there. Use steroid nasal sprays after a saline wash as they tend to act better. Practice breathing exercises and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.