Allergy Community
Chronic croup and allergies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Chronic croup and allergies

Do any of you have children with chronic croup that also have food allergies that you know of? We just had my child tested for allergies during Christmas holidays because he is sneezing and getting croup all the time. Quite a list came back, from trees, molds, dust mites, grass, and foods-rice, peas, beans, and blueberries. I am wondering if those you with children with food allergies stopped the child eating these foods and it stopped the croup?

A chronic cough can be the result of allergies, including asthma, postnasal drip or chronic sinusitis.

My heart goes out to your son.... bless his heart. You may want to consider taking him to an alternative medication practitioner (Naturopath M.D.) I personally have had good results from seeing a Naturopath physician who uses homeopathy. I even wiped out a couple of my allergies. Naturopath physicians' are the pros (in my opinion, of course) when it comes to the immune system.

Good luck !

Croup info:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000959.htm