Chronic hives from athlete's foot?
Since about Father's Day in June, I have been getting hives.  They are small itchy bumps all over my body.  I went to see a dermatologist a few times.  First they put me on a few topical creams and ointments, also told me to take clariten during the day and benadryl at night.  Those treatments did not help.  Next they put me on prednisone for a couple weeks.  The hives did go away, but as soon as I was off the 2 week cycle treatment, the hives came right back.  When I went in for my follow-up after the prednisone treatment, the doctor said she wanted to take a couple biopsies.  They took one from each forearm.  I had to wait 2 more weeks for the results, while waiting I was given more topical treatments, that did not work.  When my results finally came in, they were inconclusive due to inflammation from my itching and such.  So, more prednisone and they wanted me to come back in if the hives came back again.  Needless to say, they did and I can't keep affording to spend a specialist co-pay if they can not find out what's wrong.  Now, I'm getting patches on my hands that look like athelet's foot.  I also do have a case of athelet's foot on my feet.  And my boyfriend of 3 months has started to develop my same symptoms of hives and dry-flakey skin on his hands.  I'm getting tired of itching and am wondering if this could be a fungus issue.  If there is any help out there I would be most greatful!  

Thanks for listening
Hi. I am literally going through the exact exact exact same thing... It has been going on for almost a year now. I have seen about a hundred doctors and specialists and so far nothing has been figured out other than chronic unknown uticaria(hives) I have asked almost every doctor about it being some type of fungal infection caused from my athletes foot that had spread to my entire body and every one of them look at me as if I had 2 heads because of the fact that I do not have aids or cancer. I am getting so sick and tired of not knowing this is and am hoping since your post is from 08 that maybe by some chance that you have figured it out!? Please get back to me I am desperate :/