Allergy Community
Chronic itchy rash on face only

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Chronic itchy rash on face only

I'm not sure if this is chronic hives but I have these blister like bumps that contain a clear fluid if broken while washing my face or itching that are all over my face. It never clears up or goes away and I've had it for almost 2 full years now.  The only thing that stopped it temporarily was prendisone which once I stopped they came back evern worse and spread all over my face and chin now, does not affect my nose at all.  It started on one side cheek area and then spread to the other cheek, now I pretty much get them all over and usually symmetrically.  It starts to itch and if I don't use a prescription steroid cream they get bigger and itch evern more.  I've tried not using the steroid cream to only see them spread & enlarge all over my face, more just keep popping up and they take about a week for one to go away, sometimes even longer.  The itch is severly intense.
Anyone have similar problem?  After 3 biopsies dermatologist said they do not know what is causing it.
Thank you.
The best is to see a different professional for second opinion. But in the mean time try to see if there is something that triggers it. Try to improve your hygiene as if you were living in a operating room. Wash your hands frequently, whenever you feel they are not clean, and especially after you itch them to the point of breaking one, and touching the liquid. Wash your hands and see if this helps.
Not usre but this could be allergies so you might want to try allergy medicines. It could also be infections and that's why I suggest that you improve hygiene to see if that helps. And infection can be bacterial or viral. You might want to get a lab test bot biopsies. Just simple CBC with DIFF or culture, if you have not done so already. keep faith. I'm sure you will find the answer to your questions. Again, seeing the right health professional is the best approach. Thanks and good luck.
Try using Proactive products... I had this problem... I've tried many products and  gone for facials.. nothing to avail... but I juz tot of trying my luck with this product.. it really worked... It took around 2 months but I was very much satisfied with the result.. and try to drink water as much as possible in a day and also.. try to avoid touching ur face (even it starts to itch... ok? Good Luck..

http://www.proactiv.com/

You could take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine and see if it helps with your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions to help soothe the itching.

Have you had allergic reactions in the past? Are you allergic to any specific substances?

You would still need to consult your doctor about the associated symptoms you are having and to rule out a bacterial or fungal infection and whether you need a course of antibiotics or other medications.

Let us know about how you are doing and post us about what your doctor advises.

Regards.
I have had face allergy too, really intense itching pink ***** type spots. I notice it gets worse end of Feb and goes away Oct/Nov time. I had a cortisone jab which helped amazingly and stopped it completely twice but you cant have too many of those. Need to learn how to build own body's steroids
I have had red itchy blotchy patches appear on my face throughout my life. It doesn't look like a blister though or have fluid.   It has gotten better as I have gotten older but probably began around the age of 9.  When I was younger I would go about 3 weeks out of a month with my face red, blotchy, extremely itchy, and sometimes swollen.  Prednisone is the only thing that works for me.  I have been tested for allergies and dr's don't know what it is.  I also went to a chiropractor for it.  I feel like it is a mixture of topical allergies, stress, and  possibly hormones and when I have all that going on this is how my body reacts.  Recently a Dr told me that it may be polymorphic light eruption (allergies to the sun) but I'm not sure how accurate that is.