Allergy Community
Class action lawsuit - victoria secret bras

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

I also would like information on this class action lawsuit. I am always itchy, I have contributed it dry skin.  I have also had sores that have left me with scars.  Never thought and my Dr. never mentioned it could be my bra.  I am faithful to my VS body by Victoria!
I'm in IL and have the same problems with itchy rash under my breasts and I only use VS bras.  I use to wear VS body by Victoria, and have changed to the BioFit.  The rash is still there, sort of worse.  What do I do now?
I have just heard about this rash from the VS bra. I too have the rash and I attributed it to dry skin. Now I know that it's the bra causing it. When I wore it in the summer I had thought that it was from sweat, now I know better and will, certainly, not wear that bra again. I still have welts on both sides of my chest and it itches something fierce.  Now what? How can we, women, who've had this problem get in touch with the lawyers who may be filing a class action suit against the company?
Response is appreciated.
I too have had this RASH for about 1year and 1/2!!! My doctor told me to put selsun blue on it for ten mins a day. I have but it comes back all the time and all I own is Victoria Secret bras!! I also attributed it to just sweat. I am also looking to find out whom we can contact???
I too have the same problem please let me know also where I can file a suit. Thanks
I would like to join the lawsuit. Please, get in touch with me,also. Thank You
Please, help me join the lawsuit.  I have struggled since Feb. to figure out what is wrong.  I never dreamed it could be the VS bra....  I cry when I take a shower due to the pain of all the blisters that have formed and open when showering,  The rash is not just around my bra area any more it has spread to all over.  I am ill most of the time.  I don't eat much because I will get sick, so I have lost weight not sure how much but I have gone from a size 20 to 12 and I could stand to loose 30 more (this is my silver lining).
I would like to join the lawsuit, Please get in touch with me too. Thanks a lot.

I've been having problems with VS bras for years. I stopped using their products for a year and a half and felt better. I recently gave in and purchased a Bio-fit bra and I'm having symptoms with it too. I also have a Body Full coverage bra that is very unsafe. The underwire is sticking out and poking my breasts! It's very sharp. I'm interested in pursuing this Class Action Suit as well. My e-mail address is ***@****.

I've been having problems with VS bras for years. I stopped using their products for a year and a half and felt better. I recently gave in and purchased a Bio-fit bra and I'm having symptoms with it too. I also have a Body Full coverage bra that is very unsafe. The underwire is sticking out and poking my breasts! It's very sharp. I'm interested in pursuing this Class Action Suit as well. My e-mail address is neosoulqueen09atgmaildotcom.
I too would like to join this lawsuit. I've spent the last 8 months trying to figure out what I have. Even the dermatologist doesn't know what it is and nothing I've tried is getting rid of the rash. I'm religious to my VS bras and wear them everyday. Where do we go from here? Please get in touch with me too. Thank you.
I purchased my Angels secret bra this summer. I also too developed the itchy rash it was very painful. I could not wear a bra for days. I seeked medical attention from my family physican and he prescribed a cream which help a little.  I quit wearing this particular bra thinking that it was to heavy or was just maybe rubbing me. Wow, I am so glad this came out on GMA this morning. This information made me furious that I went through this aggavation and pain.  My question who do I complain too?
I have had that problem and that's why i stopped wearing them...
Wow I had no idea that people were going thru the same thing I went thru, with having rashes(red sensitivity) under my breast.  I put hydrocortisone on it, and it helped, but I thought it was the wire on the bra.  I ended up buying another bra.  I showed my boyfriend and mother the rash.  If it had not been for me telling them about this rash, they wouldn't have thought twice about the news segment on Good Morning America today! It was my mother who saw it and notified me that other women had the same reaction to the bra! Victoria Secret bra that is.
I also have had a rash around my breasts and upper abdomen with scarring and pigmentation changes for over two years. The itching was so severe at one point it was impossible to sleep. My dermatologist couldn't come up with a diagnosis.  The rash is very unsightly and it has been very depressing not to be able to find a way to get it to clear up.    I have been wearing the VS bras for several years as well, and realize the rash appeared shortly after the time I first bought the Ipex bras. I will stop wearing them immediately!  Please let me know who I can contact to make a formal complaint.
I love my VS bra, but I just can't wear it anymore with the rash! I thought I was crazy. I have had this long red rash under my right Breast and have been treating it with cortizone.  It has not helped and I am looking for some answers.  Please contact me directly if this class action goes anywhere. I am sick of feeling this way.  It is NOT a Very sexy LOOK!
I had the same problem. My rash lasted about 2-3 weeks and I was slathering Gold Bond in it all the time. I never did anything about it because I thought it was just me then I heard about the other women that were having the same problem. I bought the very sexy push up bra earlier this spring. Please let me know how I can get involved in this class action suit also.
I to have the same problem since the summer when I brought two Vs body bras! I'm so ichy sometime I want to cry it drives me crazy. If my Vs bra is the cause of this problem, please let me know how I can get involed in the classd action suit also. It's been almost 9 months with this problem!!!!

Kim
I replace my bras every year in June for my birthday.  That is when the rash with the  itchy sores that itched so bad it was hard to not scratch.  Then they would bleed and stained my clothes, furniture, etc.   Then the depression started.  I thought it was from heat (which made it worse)  Went to 3 doctors, they just told me to use all unscented soaps etc.  I started using Aveeno and it cleared up a little bit.   I received my angel $ off coupon and ordered 3 more bras in Sept.  Now it's back.  There has to be something they are using in the process to cause this.  I talked to them on the phone last night and they are very concerned and are working hard to find out what is going on.  They are sending me something in the mail this week.    Reply back to me if you want more info.   Robyn
I am surprised to see that I am not the only one who has developed a rash from wearing my new Victoria's Secret Bras! I had welts that itched so bad, I couldn't sleep at night. I went to my doctor and was prescribed MethylPredniSolone. That helped a little but I haven't been able to wear a bra for the last 2 months. Every time I do, I start to get the rash again.
I have been experiencing intense itching also and could not figure out the cause.  I have routine mammograms yearly and nothing has shown up to determine the cause.  I too wear only Victoria Secret Bras but did not link them to the cause of my itching.  I hope that this is not the case but if it is I would also be interested in a class action lawsuit.
I myself went through the same thing last spring and thought that it was my own personal allergy until I heard that there were several other people going through this....I had welts all the way around my rib cage that burned and itched something fierce..they were hot to the touch, The welts sooned turned to blisters and from there became open sores...I was in agony for about a week could hardly wear a bra and had to wear loose fitting tops.  I returned the bra and told them why it was being returned the sales associate asked if I would like something else and I kindly declined and told them that due to the reaction that I had I would not be purchasing anything else from the store.
Hi, I just heard about this website on ABC News in chicago and I have been wearing Victoria Secret bras for about 5 years and have had these burning itching rashes as well. They are very uncomfortable and embarrassing. I have been to a doctor before but he was not sure of the cause. I'm very concerned about this. The rates for breast cancer are high enough without things like this.
Some users here are incredibly insensitive.  Everybody is entitled to their opinions. Although I do agree that some of these posts here are ridiculously. ( wires, etc) I too was a Victoria secret lover. I loved vs bras. Until I found out what the culprit of my deformed, blistered covered breast.

Two years ago, ( a few months after i bought my first vs bra, the embrace) I had a red bump under my left breast. I thought it could have been something cancerous, so I went to the doctors only to find out it wasn’t. He couldn’t figure out what it was, so he prescribed me medication and cream that made me sick.
I figured it’s no big deal, until the blisters bopped, and literally had an open hole on my breast. It bleeds for several days. And is scared for good now.  2 years later, my left breast is completely covered with many blisters, and mind you, the blisters are only on ONE side of the breast, right underneath. It is only in that area, and no where else in my body.

I was scared to tell my family and friends. I thought it was a personal issue, and wondered what I’ve done wrong, not only has it been lowering my self esteem, it caused me stressed..

What made me angry was to find that VS didn’t bother warning their consumers knowing what had happened. They disregard it to make a quick buck, although people’s lives might have been on the line.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the blisters and welts? What type of medication did you use? Any otc medication? Please help.
I developed the itchy rash on my vacation to Israel, first I thought becasuse of the hot weather and it did get worse, then I went to Dermatologist and he gave me a srong cream called Neriderm (Diflucortolone valerate), I still had some marks under my breast.  

.
Oh my gosh! A friend who was having this problem and knew that I was having this problem told me about this rash with our Victoria Secret bras. I can't believe it. I have been to the Dr. and he gave me cream, which takes the itch away but not the rash. If I stop using the cream, the rash is right back. It itches is horrible. When I stop wearing the bras (that I love), it calms down but does not disappear. Did VS not test these bras or understand the uses of formaldahyde?!!!
Please let me know any info you have....It's just not right that I'v been going cray with this problem for over 9 months, if this is the cause we need to get to the bottom of it!!!!!!
Thanks for any help you can give me.

Kim
GracieM
I would like to receive information regarding the class action lawsuit against VS. I have been a faithful VS secret shopper for years and I bought the Very Sexy Push Up earlier in the year and have had the itchy rash and hives since. I have been taking allergy meds and other medication since about February to try to control the itching because we couldnt figure out what was going on. Now that I know I am not wearing it anymore but would like to know what we need to do about this. Please get back with me with some more information.
Thanks, Michelle
i love v.s but till now, i know why i was in so much pain . staring april 2008 i wear bio fit model. i had severe rashes, itchiness, swollen breasts, discharge from nipples, pain and infected nipple ducts. this continued every month til now, im wearing a sports bra today.... scary bc i spent money on blood tests mammos i thought i had breast cancer but everything was normal... i would of never guessed this.. i need help who do i contact for this class act.
I would also like to have information about the class action lawsuit. I purchased a bra from Victoria Secret in July and received the same results. I had a lot of irritation on the underside of my breast and discovered it was a very red rash. I placed ointment on it for a quite a while but even after it cleared up, it left a mark. I washed the bra but had the same results the second time I wore it.    
I, too use to wear nothing but Victoria Secrets Bras and just recently stopped.  It all started about a year ago when I first started getting a itchy rash under my breast, turned into a sore then developed into an abscess - VERY PAINFUL.  Been on and off of antibiotics, been tested for MRSA which came back negative and have had 3 surgeries removing the abscesses due to doctors being concerned that they become  Sepsis.  The scaring is horrible and embarrassing.   I am only 21 years old, have missed allot of school, almost lost my job due to time taken off because the pain was unbearable.  I am currently on a 6 month round of antibiotics and constantly fearing when the next abscess will appear.   I have done everything the doctors have suggested, no perfumes, no scented soaps, no lotion, no softener, changed my laundry detergent to Cheer Free...  Nothing seems to work.    I would love some answers!!!  My doctors are even puzzled.  Please contact me if this class action law suit go's through   or let me know what I need to do to file a formal complaint.
Please post information on how to be part of this class action law suit.  I too had breast rash and (luckily) I figured out early it was the VS bra.  It exactly matched the Bra outlines.  I tried for several weeks to get rid of the rash, welts, and severe itching and buring using over the counter creams, etc.  I also originally thought this was due to some laundry detergent.. altho I had not changed detergent and none of my other clothes caused issues.  Doctor's visits and prescription anti-biotics were the only thing that worked, with a diagnosis of contact dermatitis.  Several months later the outlines of the rash are still there. Washing the bras repeatedly does no good.  

Please post if this class action law suit go's through  and let us know what we can all do or need to do to file a formal complaint.   VS needs to answer to this problem!

Has anyone had any of the same reaction from the clothes?  I received 2 sweaters from them and just took one out of the bag yesterday and immediately started to itch?  I wonder if it has something to do with the plastic bags they use to package their products in.  
Robyn  
Does anyone know if the formaldehyde is used in the panties as well?  I have been in and out of the doctor's office around the time I purchased 5 new pairs of vs panties with burning and irritation.  The doctor's have tested me for everything and say nothing is wrong with me. I even got a second oppinion.  I am so frustrated! After hearing all the problems with the bra's yesterday I have stopped wearing the panties.  Any information would be great.
I would also like to know how I can be a part of this.  I couldn't figure out for the longest time why the lower parts of my breasts had red bumps on them.  I have worn victoria's secret for years and this problem had not developed till about 5 months ago. I too thought it was from sweating in the summertime.  But they are still there, although they don't itch as frequently as they did a few months ago, it just looks terrible!
I have been experiencing the same symptoms described by many others in this forum. I purchased a VS Pink bra around 6 months ago and began developing a rash. I was wondering what type of medication is needed to cure this rash and how I can become involved in this class action lawsuit. Thanks
Wow... I would have never imagined that my bra was the reason for the pain. When I had seen the news covering it I almost fell out my chair. The only thng that came to mind was... Im not the only person feeling this... yay... im not crazy!!!
It was a weird feeling at first, I just thought I had touched something that made me itch, but the itching got really intense and started burning. It burn me so bad it left an uglyy scar on both sides of my ribs. Since it was only that one bra that was bugging me, I really didn't think it was the cause at first. I wore it a few more times and realized that something was wrong with it. ugh!! the ugly itching and burning sensation was no joke though, now i have scars that look like a permanent bra line.

If anyone has any info about this lawsuit... please let me know asap.
Thanks so much!!!
***@****
To: All Who want to join the VS lawsuit
Hello everyone - I am djbj in the first of these posts from July.  I have contacted and retained the attorneys that are trying to get the Class Action Lawsuit registered in Ohio. If you have had similar damage as the above please take pictures and keep your records to send to the attorney.  You will also have to send your bras.  The attorney firm is Climaco/Lefkowitz/Peca/Wilcox & Garofoli @ (216) 621-8484.  The more evidence they collect the better the case to get these bras off the shelves.  I, after not wearing these bras since July 20, 2008 STILL have tissue damage in both breasts from whatever chemical they have used.  Beware of the bras Made in China.  And contact Dawn Chmielewski at the above number to get yourselves involved in this lawsuit.
What is the other forum you are in?  Victoria's Secret wants me to send back the bras to them so they can test them?  They sent me a return label.   I am confused on what to do.   Please let me know.  
Robyn T
i think you should keep your bra's that way you have evidence.. if you send back your bra's what are they sending you in return? i believe vs is just trying to cover their tracks right now. which makes me think worse of the company itself now.
Thank you all for sharing.  Everything sounds EXACTLY like what I have been going through for over a year and a half.  I am miserable too and I hate to say this, but it's sort of nice to not feel so alone in this.  I just had a biopsy done of one of the blisters.  It sounds like I won't get a lot of answers, but if I do, I will post back.  I am glad to be able to discuss this possibility with my doctor.  I have medical records of my treatment so far.  I am calling that law firm in the morning.
I've had this same probem for the last year and a half or maybe a little longer.   I had a friend give me the new IPEX bra's as a gift.  Not long after having the bra's I started breaking out with a blistering, burning rash along my bra line but never in a million years would I have thought this would be cause from the bra....I've had all sorts of medical test done and everything shows that I'm a very healthy woman but the doctors are still searching for answers as to why this rashes keep appearing on me.  I have since stopped wearing the victoria secret bras.  I would like to know how I could join in on this class action suit. If you know the process and who I need to contact please drop me a not at ***@****.  I would appreciate any help or advice.
Ive had a rash for like 3 months, I never thought it could be my bra...Ive used powers and creams nothing really works, it gos away a little and the comes right back.
Now I have scars from them coming and going.
I reall want to know whats going to happen about this.
I have been breaking out in a rash that would turn into blistered
sores on my chest for about three months now.  All I own is VICTORIA SECRET bras.
The one I noticed breaking me out is when I wear the ANGELS lacy red bra.
I can stop after a few days and the places start to scab over and heal.
It starts all over again after wearing the bra.  I knew nothing about a law suit
until I searched on line for an answer.  I contacted Victoria's Secret last week and they called
me today asking for me to return the bra.  What should I do?  
After reading this forum and of all it's victims of the red rash from bras issue, I felt compelled to sign up and voice my story.  Please note, it is not only "Victoria Secret" who has been using the process of Formaldehyde in bras and/or clothing.  "Spanks by Sara Blakely" is also a culprit. The following is a letter I recently wrote to Dr. Dean Edell to re-tell my miserable story.

This message is concerning one of the Dr. Dean Edell's talk radio show (Sat., Feb. 8th, 2009) commentaries.
He briefly read and discussed a letter written to him, about a severe red rash that a women received from wearing an underwire bra.
Dr Dean Edell explained, that he believed the rash could have been a reaction to the nickel or other metal used in the underwire of the bra.
Although this is true and has caused a problem for some women, there is yet another possible cause to her rash, and I believe it to be of a much more serious and wide spread side effect from some bras (and other clothing) being produced that has not been discussed in the media enough.

Having recently learned from my own experience and a little research, some manufacturers of bras such as "Victoria Secret" and "Spanks" have been "stamping" the inside of the bras with the logo and garment information as opposed to the familiar tag used.  This "stamping" procedure is some sort of a latex product that washes away fairly quickly in the laundry.  However, these manufacturers have learned that by using formaldehyde in the stamping substance, maintains and prolongs the life of the stamped information.  This procedure maybe possibly being used in other parts of the garment as well.

This formaldehyde causes a severe red, itchy, burning rash that may last even months after stopping the wearing of the garment.
I have recently been a victim of this and have some scarring from this horrible rash, and what's worse, knowing that there may be some additional unknown long term side effects to the health of my over all skin.  To date, my skin now appears to be much more sensitive to many things, of which prior to the rash, I had never experienced many sensitivities of any kind.

Because I did not know the cause of the rash, even after having had two doctors look at it and test it, I continued occasionally to wear the garment. Not only had I broken out in the immediate area of where the stamping of the garment met my skin, at its worst point my whole body felt itchy and on fire. I felt and looked like a burn victim, and was terribly uncomfortable and wanted to jump out a high window! These two doctors, one a dermatologist the other a general practitioner apparently did not know about the use of formaldehyde in garments.

I have since determined the bra to be the culprit of my rash. Having not worn the garment for 6 months and deciding to try wearing it once more, the rash erupted immediately.  There is a severity of this rash that lasts months after stopping the use of the garment.  I am currently trying to be patient, while it slowly recedes away yet again.

I believe this to be an important issue that should be discussed more loudly, the doctors to be informed about, and the manufacturers pressured into the discontinued use of the formaldehyde.  I am aware of the class action suit against "Victoria Secret", however I believe there are other manufacturers/companies out there using this formaldehyde procedure that needs to be brought out in the open.  The garment I had my terrible experience with is made by a company named "Spanks by Sara Blakely", and manufactured in China.

I am not an eloquent writer, and don't make a practice to do much complaining, but I hope this letter convinces Dr. Dean Edell and his/your organization to discuss this further within the health organization so women can get assistance with the problem sooner. As you may know, formaldehyde is a very toxic and cancer causing material and should never be used in our clothing.  I itch just thinking about all this!

Please help communicate this issue more widely.

I've been having similar troubles (extreme itching, blister like sores, dry skin, etc.) and had seen my doctor regarding this.  He has had me using cortisone cream.  I've tried several other remedies as well.  I've even been sent articles regarding Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC), as some of the symptoms are the same.  It's very scary to think you could have a fatal disease.  I work for a medical company, and recently asked one of my coworkers to scan my breasts for cancer, and I shared the article regarding IBC with her.  She asked a few questions, one of which was "Do you wear Victoria Secret Bras?"  When I told her yes, she said to stop wearing them because they use formaldehyde in them.  She told me that more than likely I do not have IBC, but rather a reaction to the bras.  I'll still check with my doctor to be sure.  

I was so stumped, a little relieved that I'm not dying, and very dissapointed that a company would sell such a product to unknowing and loyal customers.  I've been wearing Victoria Secret's Secret Embrace bras for years.  Now that I know this, I'm going to share the information with my doctor so that he can inform other patients who are experiencing the same problems.  I am changing bra companies effective immediately.  There's nothing more uncomfortable, and embarassing than having your breasts itch incessantly while you are at work or anywhere.  And to be scared for your life, it's just unthinkable.
Hi My Name is Michelle Cain,
I also had the same problem of rash, dryness, itching from Victoria Secret bra. I would like information on the class act lawsuit.
I too have had a rash since about a month after wearing the Victoria Secret Bio-fit bra.. my rash is around my nipples and under my arms.  the nipple rash is actually crusted and very irritating.  This is not only embarrassing, but I cant afford to get a really good new bra that often.. I feel like this was a waste of money and I'm concerned about how to get rid of the rash.  I've had it now for 3 months!
I have had a rash under my breast for over 3 months.  I went to the doctor and he thought it may be a heat rash, but in January, I don't think I would have a heat rash.  He said it could possibly be a yeast rash, which I have never heard of.  A prescription was given to me for a cream and I have been through 2 tubes of this cream and the rash remains.  It is like welts and very bumpy.  I changed my laundry detergent, fabric softner and soap thinking I had developed an allergy to these items, but still I have the rash.
I had a rash develop under my left breast. I didn't think much of it until I saw the VS problem on the news.
My bra is a Bali, Style 3562 made in El Salvador & had been purchased from Kohl's many months ago. I didn't need to wear it until I decided to throw one of my old ones away.
It was brand new, still had the tags on it when I wore it for the 1st time about 3 weeks ago.

I don't think this is just a VS problem.
I took it off & am wearing one of my old ones & the rash has gone away.
I would also like information on where to join.  My 16 year old daughter has also fallen victim to these bras.  She bought the bras in December 2008 with Christmas money she received.  It was in January when she noticed the rash on her chest.  It is now April 15 and she still has this ugly, itchy, embarrassing rash on her chest and trunk of her body, front and back.  She has been to the dematologist once a week for the last 3 months.  No medicine in the world has helped this child.  Prom is just around the corner and she is just devestated that nothing has worked in clearing this up.  Please send me more information on this Lawsuit and where Victiria Secret stand today in owning up to this horrible incident that they have cause on these women.
HOPE for the bra rash sufferers !!!!!!

The law firm called me today and emailed me a retainer contract !!
I am SO thrilled!!
YEAH !!
If you need legal assistance, call the CLIMACO (etc. etc.!).. firm in Cleveland Ohio at 216-621-8484.  Make sure you have documentation (i.e. pictures) and medical history.  Put the bras in a ziploc bag if you haven't already.  Do not wash them.  Just seal them up and hope that you can have them tested for formaldehyde.

Treatment suggestions: I now have a pound of Triamcinolone (with 5 refills) from a dermatologist (I have now seen 6 different medical offices regarding this problem....)....which is helping tremendously but I am still dealing with a staph infection, as a side effect, probably brought on by all the horrible itching. ( I have already taken so many other medications I will not go into that here.) ("Anti-histimines" do NOT help.)

My prayers and well wishes go out to all of you suffering out there.  But take heart!
VS will have to face US now...! I cannot wait to finally feel vindicated because this is NOT the same thing as "being allergic to peanuts".  I feel so releived to finally have a voice against this corporate giant who may have fed us POISON.

P.S.  I am eager to share my medical recovery with those of you still suffering.  Please contact me.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am also having a problem with the itching and pealing around and under my breast. I thought it was from a recent breast reduction but i have a different opinion now. I have been an angel customer and have spent plenty with vs how do i join the class action lawsuit?
I started wearing VS bras in December of 2006. I received 2 as a gift. By the second week in january I started to develop a couple of darker skin pigminted welts in my bra line. I now own 5 VS bras and the rash is on my entire back right were my bra lays. I have been trying to figure out what kind of rash I have had since 2007. I never thought it would be a Victoria Secret bra. When I get hot it gets red, itches, and welts very badly. I have no idea how to get rid of this or were to go next. All I know is this rash is interfering with my life and every nurse and doctor I have spoken with has no idea what it is and I have even been told it is ringworm. I know what ringworm is and what I have is not that. I feel very strongly that is these VS bras. Please help.
I would like to join law suit too, please sign me up
Sad News.

The law firm (Climaco) has decided NOT to proceed with litigation against VS.  They claim they cannot proceed as they do not have the funds to research further or to find an "expert".  This is a tremendous dissapointment for all of us.
This is such a disapointment, I just found this site and am amazed to find out how many of you are out there when I thought I was alone.  Something has to be done about this even if those attorneys are no longer interested. The media needs to hear these stories so that other women can be spared and so those who are still suffering and wondering why can finally figure it out. (I've had an open blistering sore/flaking on one nipple for the last 2.5 years. Changing detergents and lotions didn't help neither did any cortisones. I was tested for breast cancer and biopsied which left a scar. I have been told it was just "eczema" and given steriod creams which have caused more harm than good. I have drastically altered my diet assuming that I must have food allergies and the problem has still persisted). I've had this problem since shortly after I began wearing the IPEX which is the only bra I've worn this whole time. I am appalled at these bra companies for their gross negligence. What if we work on a collective letter to be signed by all of us and sent to different media outlets? Does anyone want to get on board with this approach to gain public awareness?
I just wanted to say thank you for the information. I am suffering now from the irratation from the VS bras. I was really upset and had to take the day off yesterday from work due to the itching .... I threw out the bra and the Pj top I was wearing because at first I didn't know where it was coming from ... NOW I KNOW!!  I took down the VS Company phone number that someone listed to contact them sometime today! I am really upset! Is there any suggestions of what else I can do??? !!!!

Not Happy In So. Ca!!!
SOMEONE PLEASE CONTACT ME RE: THIS LAWSUIT!!! I too have suffered from this rash at times for the last 2-3 years! OMG! this is the WORST skin problem!!! and its caused by the VS BRAS that I faithfully wear just because they fit well... now i will have to find an alternative now of course now that i KNOW whats cause the RED, ITCHY!!! swollen, spreading RASH! !? cannot belive i've been suffering for so long because of THIS!!! even the doctors do not not what to classify this rash as!!! all i get every time i have this is: its an "allergic rection" to SOME-thing!? what the heck!!! its THIS BRA thats doing it!!! - it starts with an all of a sudden, - red, ITCHY (the itch alone wants to make you jump off a bridge or out the window, - its so INSANELY ITCHY!!! you CANNOT stop scratching yourself!!!) nothing stops it!!! and sweating makes it even WORSE!!! - except the Rx creme the dermatologist gave me which takes more than a month to clear it up!!! :( which i have to slather my entire self with!!! OMG PLEASE someone who is in chage of taking names for this VS class action lawsuit, please contact me!!! ***@****
omg!!! i am NOW suffering again from the HOT RED ITCHY SWOLLEN mess of a skin problem caused by this bra! suffering for almost 3 weeks now - the drs have no clue either what causes it !?- they just say its "allergic reaction" to SOMEthing!? its THIS VS bra (very sexy) but ill tell you what, this friggin rash is NOT at all sexy thats for sure! rather more like PAINFUL!!! -  i noticed also that they make this bra out of some "new technology" that most likely consists of some kind of rubber-ized material as well!? because it had a weird smell when i took the bra off after wearing it and was sweating!!! - thats what gets this RASH going, = i'm convinced!!! am also interested to know what age women this is affecting (i am in the 40-45 age gp) someone please contact me I would very much so like to be part of this VS BRA lawsuit!!! ~atl - 732-558-8764 ***@****
I bought a body by Victoria bra in September and have been suffering with an awful rash for the last 3 weeks.  After reading everyones post I've come to the conclusion that it's the VS bra since the rash is an exact outline of the bra.  I've contacted the the law frim in Ohio but that have told me they are no longer proceeding with this law suit - I think they might have been silenced by VS??  Does anybody else know of another law firm or should I sart up my own class action.  I will not let this one go away.
Do we have no recourse against VS, for selling bras that are dangerous to our health?  has the lawsuit been dropped?  I just bought some VS bras for the first time in October, knowing nothing about any of this, and have been broken out in the shape of the bra ever since.  I have to go without a bra, to make the reaction go away.
Has the lawsuit been dropped?
I've been reading these comments with rapt fascination.  I am trying to determine if anything else has been discovered in researching these bras.  If the chemical is ruled out, they should consider another posiblilty, that of GMO's.  (don't know how much cotton is in these bras) I've read that genetically modified plants, such as cotton, do cause reactions. The cattle in India that ate the GM cotton, they all died within six days of eating the GM cotton. Just something else to chew on.  
I too have suffered with this rash since I bought my VS very sexy bra in August 2009.  I have spent about $1000 trying different treatments to get rid of this fungus.  I never thought it was the bra at first and thought I had a parasite.  Finally today 1-20-09 I decided to google to see if there were any post concerning these bras.  All I can say is "WOW!"  VS is negligent to have let women suffer with this long after the first law suit in 2008.  They need to do something now.  I have always been a fan of VS and spent a lot of money in their stores.  I have had great success with their products for many year.  Shame on you VS for not fessing up and taking responsibility.  You make far too much money off us to not own up and get this problem solved and recalled.  Please feel free to contact me regarding this if you know of a list where I can add my name or lawyer who is addressing this to hold VS responsible.  ***@****  Have and itchless day!! :-)  Kim
I have alot of vs bras purchased 2 lightly lined t-shirt bras in march 2009 made in thailand. I have had horrible itching and rash. I finally realized it was the bras! I stopped wearing them and am 100% better. contacted vs today and they want me to send them back. I just want to know what is in them that has caused this is it formaldyhyde or am I allergic to something else. I feel like if I send them back I will never know. Anyone have any advice?
              Thanks,
                  Deb
Deb, I would hold onto them in case we can all ban together to finally get VS to put an end to other womens suffering.  They should have done this a year ago.  They are extrememy negligent.
Kim
It is not only bras, it is a lot of textiles, (clothing, sheets, towels, etc); mostly those imported from China and definitely anything that is "wrinkle-resistant, "color hold", color fast, bright/deep colored, and beware of any tag that says "wash garment before wearing". Yes this is a smart thing to do, but the fact that the label instructs you to do so should be a "RED FLAG" that it contains known contaminants.

I try and only utilize holstic medicine. My traditional doctor wanted to give me a steroid injection, I adamantly refused.

The cure I have discovered: Argan oil. It is from Morocco and very expensive, but I am telling you from experience (over 6 weeks of hell - 75% of my body covered in a painful red rash; my skin felt like it was burning off), that it works. After just two days of using Argan oil, my skin had improved dramatically.  I got a small sample of this oil from a friend who brought it back from Morocco. I tried buying it on Amazon.com from sliceofnature.com, but it was not the same oil that my friend got directly from Morocco. Her oil was light, silky, and had a somewhat nutty aroma. I believe it was the culinary version of Argan oil versus the cosmetic version; I have not yet found any more, but am searching. It is really hard to find. Check it out www.arganoils.com has the cosmetic version and says that they have the culinary version. I have emailed them, but have not yet heard back.

Extra Virgin olive oil also provides good protection, but it is messy and doesn't absorb or heal your skin like Argan oil.

I believe a viable treatment would be 10-14 days (2 applications/day) of culinary Argan oil to effectively treat this condition. Then after that avoid any substances with formaldehyde. I have washed my washer in an empty load of bleach, then washed everything I own in HOT soapy water (the white paper I read said that you had to wash some textiles in hot soapy water 5-10 times to get the formaldehyde residue to acceptable levels), and after all that, my skin still starts to sting after a short time with some clothes. I have resorted to just throwing them out. My daughter has noticed it in her clothes that I happened to have washed with those I suspect to be the source.

Be wary of doctors that just want to give you medication, a steroid injection, or those that insist on doing a 'full allergy panel'. They clearly do not fully understand the problem or know an effective cure.

I am currently researching textile manufacturers who are formaldehyde-free. To all those who are suffering with this like I am, good luck.
I am so miserable!  After experimenting with different ideas of what caused the horrible itching on my breasts, I have come to the conclusion that it is definitely my Victoria Secret bras.  Unbelievable!!! (I have about 10 bras, 5 of which are VS.  I wear the VS ones on days when I don't want show-through.)  I stopped using my body lotion, bar soap, and vitamins in an effort to figure out what was causing my breasts to itch horribly to the point that I would make myself bleed from all the scratching.  The shape of the rash was actually in the shape of a bra.  The doctor I saw thought it was so weird.  It looked like I had a pink, blotchy bikini top on.  She prescribed steroid cream and a round of steroids, but I wanted to figure out why it happened so I held off on taking them.  Last week, I decided to avoid my VS bras for several days, and my rash began to heal and the itchiness went away.  For the ultimate test, I wore a VS bra yesterday all day.  Oh my goodness!  The itchiness increased throughout the day and, when I took the bra off at bedtime I was up on and off throughout the night to scratch myself.  I'm actually bleeding from it -- in one day!! I have no doubt what is causing my rash!  Is there anything we can do?
i have suffered from two cases of this rash that has lasted approx 4 months.  started in the bra area and spread to my whole body....chest being the worst area.  i had a rash that turned into blisters that scarred my skin and continue to itch and remain all over my body including my face.  i have been to 3 dermatologist, carenow, and 3 doctors...got blood work done, skin graphed, and no results have turned up at all over the year period that i have had these rashes.  I have gotten sick with the flu everytime this rash appears.  been on steriods 3 times, and 3 creams.  one cream cleared it temporarily along w the steriods clearing it temporarily.  i have spent a lot of money on this and still have the rash covering my body today....has anyone contacted VS about this??  Is there anything I can do to try to attempt to get my medical bills paid?  

any help would be so greatly appreciated!  817.239.2021
I went shopping with a friend last night and noticed that under by breast was extermely itchy and painful. I was wearing a victoria secret pink 2 for $32 bra. I have had it for about a year and a half now and have never experienced anything like what i was feeling. When i looked at my breast to see what the issue was i had huge hive looking welts from underneath my bra wire and even some on the bottom of my breast. It is exteremly painful. I put some omint on it and when I woke up this morning i had a huge line underneath my breast that looks like a burn. Can anyway please tell me if this is the same thing as what all of you have experienced? It has never happen to me before sooo i am really freaking out because even though the swelling has gone down, the pain hasnt. HELP!
I contact a lawyer and he too told me it would cost too much money to peruse, due to having to subpoena witnesses, I guess VS has some high dollar lawyers too big to fight. I have been having the same open red wounds, won't heal, sore, burn, under my chest, and one in my lower area from the elastic from their UNDER PANTS also got a few under my armpits from elastic on a babydoll pj top of theirs.  Awful. Can't sleep, itches, can't wear a bra and hardly any clothing it is winter here in Michigan I have no idea how I am going to keep warm now....can't sleep, wake up itching, very low self esteem due to not being able to wear a bra, bought a non allergic bra but even the cotton rubbing against where sores once were re activates them and I have a new break out.  Just awful !!!!!!! If anyone knows of any recourse besides slamming them on the internet and media let me know. I have doctor and dermatologist bills due to this too.  
I still have this issue with VS bras I purchased last year. Each time I wear one I get the painfull burning itchy rash. At first my doc though was a yeast infection and treated it as such, but guess what it did ot go away. As long as I wear any of my VS bras this rash stays and gets worst. But if I put on another brand it goes away after a few days. Whats up with the VS bras? They are expensive and those who are having reactions seem to be loosing money...... I trued one of my VS bras this am thinking it had been a while and maybe it was in my head. Low and behold after only and hour of wearing it, the rash and burning is returning:(
I also have had alergic (allergic) reaction to those Victoria Secret bras .the reason why i no its the bra is,when i dont wear them and use the medication from the last reaction i never have this unbearable itching.Please let me no where i can obtain informationon a law suit
Please include me as well! I was researching because I thought I had breast cancer or some rare breast fungus. I recently bought two new victoria's secret bras, pushed by the employees I might add, only to be left with a rare and annoying rash on my left breast. I am FURIOUS! Please send me details on how I can help. I have photos and plan on contacting whomever I need to take care of this situation.