Cocoa allergy
When I was young we had hot chocolate made from baking cocoa. And I would break out in hives. Now as an adult eating to much chocolate will give me hives. Last year I had a very bad recation and had to go to the doctor.

If I eat white chocolate will the same thing happen?

If you are allergic to cocoa and chocolates,then whether you will show an allergic reaction to white chocolate will depend on the ingredient of chocolate you are allergic to. White chocolate has cocoa butter, so if it's the cocoa plant in general you are allergic to, then you’ll be allergic to that as well. But if you’re allergic to theobromide (a chemical found in cocoa solids) then white chocolate will be fine.

You can confirm your respons to white chocolate by getting allergy testing done.This can be done by skin or blood tests. Skin test involves pricking, scratching or injecting food extracts, and waiting to see if any redness or swelling occurs, within a localized area on the skin.Blood tests include RAST.Pls consult an allergist and get it done before eating any milk chocolate so as to avoid life threatening anaphylaxis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.