Allergy Community
Confused.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Confused.

Last month my doctor told me that I was having an asthma attack. I was shocked. Lots of activity in my lungs, I had the cold at the time but my chest was not tight and I could breathe normally. It started with an ear infection on the left, then a throat infection on the left and finally to discomfort on the left shoulder blade. I was given antibiotics but was unable to take the full dose since my meds were destroyed by water. No the pain is back. there is mucus in my throat and great discomfort on the left.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometime asthma can manifest as chest tightness or chest discomfort. The diagnostic tests for asthma are lung function tests, which show evidence of bronchospasm. This can be triggered by allergens like infections. So, continue with your antibiotics and bronchodilators. Also, try to take warm oral fluids and do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.