Constant Cough
My 3 year old has had a constant cough for over a year now and her Primary Care Doctor can not tell us what is wrong with our daughter and we are very concerned about this. Please help us to understand why she has this cough. Nobody can do anything to see if she has asthma or allergies cause they say she is to young to do anything. Please let us know what to do.
Thank You
Erin and Robert Brown
I think none of us are in a better position than your primary care doctor to give advice... still:
1) can you associate any change in her environment at about the time the cough started?
2) any changes in diet at about the same time
3) adopt a pet?
4) new clothing or bedding, or furnature
on and on, but I think it worth the effort to think back now before it is all forgotten.

The above approach can be done regardless of age. I think you doctor was saying your daughter is now too young for the tests in which an allergy specialist insect and otherwise contaminate the subject with sets of allergens to see how the patient reacts.  Seems a 3 year old would not understand the discomfort as being "for her own good"... even an adult may have trouble dealing with the tests.  I say all of this with zero experience, while I have what may be allergy problems, I have never been to an Allergy Doctor, or even an ENT.