Constant/Dull Headache, Fatigue, Malaise, about 6 months
Quick Backgound: I am a 17 year old male with severe headaches and fatigue.

On the weekend of the 22nd of July 2011, I fell ill with severe flu-like symptoms. Fever and vomiting accompanied me from the 22nd to the 25th.

At first everything was normal, but after two or three weeks, I began to feel general malaise. I found myself sleeping an extra hour or two, and I specifically remember asking my dad if I could go see a doctor.

around the same time I started to develop low grade headaches. Before then, I've never had a headache before in my life. Those headaches hit their peak around september 10th, and have remained fairly constant since then.

a neurologist's best guess was that I was in recovery from an epstein barr virus; I had the antibody but not the virus itself. Just to be sure, I had an MRI taken. The only oddity were white matter legions that are accompanied by lyme disease.

I had been negatively tested with lyme in September, but afterwards had a iGeneX done which came back with positive results. That date was somewhere in early November.

I was on doxycycline for about a month, then transitioned to a more potent oral for a month and a half, and am currently starting my third week of intra-venous rocephin.

After starting the rocephin, I only noticed that my muscles were much achier than before, and three nights afterwards, the tip of my nose started tingling, and starting the subsequent day my septum has felt pressured.

current symptoms include
   Pressure in head, white matter lesions in brain (MRI)
   Tingling of nose
   Stiff or painful neck
   Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
   Pressure in the head
   Early on, experienced a "flu-like" illness, after which you have not since felt well.
   Symptoms seem to change, come and go

http://www.canlyme.com/patsymptoms.html

The question I have is-
despite the evidence that suggests I have lyme, the antibiotics seem to have a minimal effect. Could it be they take time to work, or is there perhaps another explanation for my symptoms?

Before that July day, health wise I've been superb. Nothing more than the occasional stomach bug or flu. The most debilitating symptom is the headache; it gets worse when I work out, and subsequently I am less motivated to do so.

Any comments/advice/stories/remedies are greatly appreciated and thanks for taking the time to help out someone in need.

Thanks!

Ross,
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The long duration of your headaches along with accompanying symptoms of fatigue and neck pain warrant evaluation. Your symptoms could be due to the infection. It could also be due to sinusitis.

Inadequate eating can cause hypoglycemia and the resultant headache. Similarly lack of sleep can also aggravate headaches. I hope any visual defects have been ruled out. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor. In the meantime take OTC naproxen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.