Allergy Community
Constantly running nose for 24-hours - and tingling sinuses on waking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

For years now, I've periodically suffered from an undiagnosed nasal problem which - about 2-4 times a month - sees me using a large box of tissues throughout the day for a nose that will not stop running. It is not season-specific, and after spending years writing lists of foods, pollen count and other possible causes, I have found none. Allergy tests have proved negative, although I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and scents and have thus looked into vasomotor rhinitis.

One thing that is interesting is that almost every day, on waking, I can feel an annoying 'tingling' in the top of my nose (sinuses). This is the same area that 'squelches' on the bad day when my nose streams. The only relief on those days is to constantly tap the sinuses with my fingers. Even then, that doesn't stop my nose from running, but it does seem to ease the horrible tingling in the sinuses.

I wonder if anyone else has this and experiences such a feeling at the top of the nose? I believe that the chronic tiredness I have experienced on waking for many years now, is also related to this condition.