Allergy Community
Coughing, congestion from plastic toy/containers?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coughing, congestion from plastic toy/containers?

My six year old is lego obsessed.  We have a giant under bed plastic storage container full of legos.  It is usually downstairs in the living room, but it spent the night in his bedroom for a few nights. These same nights he was coughing and woke up with a head full of snot.  I don't even know why, but i though, hmm, he started coughing the same time as the lego box moved into his room.  Last night I removed the lego box from his room.  No coughing, no head full of snot this morning!

I don't know much about a plastic allergy, i know some people react to it with skin rashes, but is there something in plastic that causes respiratory issues as well?  Our house is full of plastic toys.  The box is # 5 plastic, not sure what the legos are made of.

thanks in advance for any insight!
jenna pepper of http://foodwithkidappeal.blogspot.com/
growing good eaters one bite at a time.