Allergy Community
Could this be Sun allergy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Could this be Sun allergy?

.For the last 6 to 7 years I developed a skin allergy. When I was about 15, my face would break out like maybe a chemical was spilled on my face, mostly on my cheeks. look more like a scab. For the last two summers I bene having break out like a rash. And they only occur when I am outdoor for a short period of time. I took antihistamine to try to control. It didnt help, since this was the first time and I was camping I thought maybe I got bite my a insect (no sun block). That wasnt it. My face and hand was the only thing the sun touch because i had long sleeves on. In the morning my face was swollen veryyyy itchy and clear fluid was on my face. This year same thing I used sun block and that seem to irriate it more immediately I started to itch on face and arms, but not bad. The next day I went out in the sun again and my face begin to swell and so did my arms, back, stomach, and face. My arms look to have maybe second degree burns and face swollen? What can this be? And I for got to include I went to the hospital last year and they gave me prednisone and it work wonders.
Tags: sun allergy, rash, swollen.
It sounds to me like you are on the right track with your thoughts. I have an allergy to sulfa, and got sun poisoning when I went to a beach about 100 miles south of where I live. Yours sounds pretty severe though. I would talk to an allergist and see what they say.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be an allergic reaction. Environmental triggers for allergic reactions like changes in weather, temperature and water sources are difficult to avoid, but being aware can help you take adequate precautions. As you are aware of the triggers please avoid them or take anti-histamines. If the present antihistamines are not very effective you can consult your doctor for long acting ones.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
If you find you have other symptoms, like joint pain, you may want to check for lupus. The rash is one of the defining characters of that disease.