Allergy Community
Could this be any form of Allergies?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Could this be any form of Allergies?

Need of some outside the box thinking. In the middle of October when we moved into a new house I started experiencing some very peculiar symptoms.

I would get these light headed dizzy spells, among the symtoms (symptoms) are blurry vision, ringing ears, foggy headed, neasuea, lack of appetite, senstivity to light, severe anxiety and panic of a non organic cause, neck and shoulder pain.

I have had a full blood work up, abdominal CT scan, pelvic CT scan, chest xrays, brain MRI, inner ear MRI, neck MRI, thyroid checked all marked as normal.

The ENT put me on Meclazine which seemed to resolve almost all symtoms (symptoms). The neurologist Friday told me I had to stop taking the Meclazine because the MRI's were normal, but the symptoms are so bad I can barely function.

I need help I don't know what is going on and I have seen every doctor under the sun. The only change in my life since the symtoms (symptoms) started was that we moved. Any thoughts please pass along. I have two children and work full time and cant continue to feel this way.

Virus, Inner ear, Mold in house somewhere, could the MRIs have missed something?
Tags: Allergy, light headed, dizzy, ringing ears, foggy headed
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be an allergic reaction to mold. If people are allergic to mold, it can trigger allergic reactions and sometimes Asthma attacks. Direct contact can lead to fungal infections. In addition it can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat and lungs. Humid and moist environment promotes its growth. The aim of the therapy for allergic reactions is identification and removal of trigger factor. It is the most important and the only effective long-term therapy. An allergy specialist may be able to help you.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.