Allergy Community
Crystal Light & Voice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Crystal Light & Voice

Has anyone developed a brittle voice from drinking Crystal Light.  My voice became very brittle.  I stopped drinking it for a couple of months.  My voice healed.  I started drinking it again.  My voice is raspy again.  I drink Peach Tea.  Is it possible that something in that damages my singing and speaking voice?
The symptoms that you are having can be due to laryngitis. It causes hoarse voice or the complete loss of the voice because of irritation to the vocal folds (vocal cords).Mostly it occurs due to a bacterial or viral infection,but it can be due to allergies like air or food allergies also.I would suggest you to stop taking the peach tea if it is causing such symptoms.

If the symptoms persist then pls get it evaluated from an ENT specialist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.