Delayed reaction in intradermal allergy testing?
Question: I am still experiencing an allergic reaction to intradermal allergy skin testing. I have joint pain in my shoulder on the arm where allergy testing occurred.  My skin is warm to the touch over the area tested and the skin marks where injections were done are larger though less raised than after the initial test. What should I do? I have applied a prescription steroid cream. I have taken my normal antihistamine. I have taken benadryl on top of it.  

Background: I have seen a new allergy doctor recently.  48 hours ago, I went for a visit for allergy skin testing.  They performed the skin ***** test on my forearms then proceeded to do intradermal skin testing.  I was allergic to all intradermal tests except dogs.  This is not the first time I've had skin testing done so this was what I expected. I have attempted to google delayed reactions and intradermal skin test but not results. Other than pain, warmth, and itchiness of the affected arm, I don't think I'm having any other symptoms. I am sleepier than normal but chalking it up to the increase in antihistamines (though I don't usually have that reaction even with large doses of antihistamine).
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Delayed reactions usually occur after 48 hrs. If the allergic reactions to the intradermal testing are not responding to anti histamines and if your symptoms are increasing in severity, consult your doctor, he may start you on oral steroids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.