Allergy Community
Dental implant removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Dental implant removal

I have several dental implants in my maxillia and have never felt well since they were implanted 11 years ago. I have bone loss around them and my mouth feels hot all the time.  My mouth is always sore and I am 'aware' of the implants most of the time. I had such good health before and wish I could turn the clock back.  I have seen 3 different implantologists who all say there is nothing much wrong, but I know there is. None of them will remove the implants!  I really want to find someone who will take them out for me and has had experience of doing this before. It seems to me that people who put implants in have no idea how to get them out and do not believe you when you say they hurt. I live near London and wondered if anyone knows of someone who would help me.
Can you update what happened with your implants. I have one I planning to have removed. Thank you.
I have still not had my one implant removed because I cannot find one oral surgeon willing to do this.  I have been to 4 and traveled 6 hours to see one who takes out many implants.  Even he was uncomfortable removing my implant because the gums are not inflamed and the xrays/scan look good.  Yet I have so many symptoms generating from this area.  I wish we knew for sure whether the implant was causing my symptoms or something else!

Good luck to you!  Please let me know how things go.  I will be anxious to hear.
I have implants on lower jaw to retain dentures - had these since 2002 and my health has been awful since - I live in Northern Ireland and my husband has taken me round most dentists to ask about removal - not one will touch my mouth - I feel as if my life ended the day I agreed to implants. As far as I know it would be very difficult to remove them, especially the back ones - I tolerate pain and burning every day and I'm not any further forward. I suppose other dentists are not willing to repair something that has gone wrong. I hope some other people can offer some hope.
I have finally removed the implant today after 4 months of rashes all over my legs and hands.  Tons of steriod medication and antihistimine. The funny part was that mouth looked fine, the inflammation started in the legs and hands. All specialists discounted titanium allergy.  It was my gut feel that all this happened after the implant.  Now I have removed the implant.  So far, I do not know the effect of its removal, but will know within a week.  Since many red scratches are in the legs and would take time to know whether rashes have stopped coming back.  But at this point, I am hoping so.