Allergy Community
Dettol Burn
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dettol Burn

I got a navel piercing just over 3 months ago, and during that time I got an infection. I consulted a doctor and they gave me antibiotics for it and said I could use a dilute dettol to clean the piercing as a disinfectant. I have done so for just over a week now, and only the other day I felt some severe pain and itchyness and general discomfort. I examined my piercing tonight and found there to be blisters on the inside :( I have no idea what to do, if I can do anything to help it heal and reduce the swelling, or if this will heal on it's own with time. Can I use salt water to still clean my piercing or will this only irritate it further?

Please answer, really quite urgent :( I'm quite a concerned individual.
3149845 tn?1452625053
Hi Em and sorry you going through this. Maybe take the peircing out for a while to let the infection heal.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources