Allergy Community
Difficulty Breathing at Night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Difficulty Breathing at Night

I think that perhaps there is something in my bedroom that i have an allergy to, although i am not sure what that could be.
I have been unwell on and off for four months or so now, starting witha chest infection, pleurisy and bronchitis. i have had two courses of antibiotics in that time and although i am feeling better now, am still not 'healthy'.
I wake up in the morning with my sinuses blocked and sometimes have difficulty breathing as my chest feels slightly congested, however throughout the day the feeling passes. I also have a tendency to wake up in the middle of the night perspiring.
Does anyone know of anything in my bedroom that could be causing this? I have cleaned the room thoroughly and have one of those closet camel things in the corner of the room. Thanks
It's possible that you're allergic to dust mites, which unfortunately can't be removed from everything because they are so numerous and we shed so many dead skin cells. A good way to cut down on their count though so that your body can deal with it, or whatever else you might be having a reaction to, is to get a whole house air filter.

I would suggest getting a polarized media filter because from what I've seen they work the best, and I can tell you why but the terms are really technical and it might be more convincing if you read it from the site I found it on. I heard about it when I was having problems in my home, I had a friend who had this and told me about it. So I looked it up and found that these filters actually make sense in how they work. I tried it and I didn't have the problems I did before.

What they do is they attract particles to the actual fibers of the filter instead of normal filters which just act as a wall that are something like 2% effective against the majority of particles. Anyway, I found a lot of good information and the best price at www.airlifeone.com, and I've never had a problem with talking to these people when I had questions. When looking though, I found that the Electrobreeze brand was cheapest.

Hope this helps you out.