Allergy Community
Does it sound like BPPV?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Does it sound like BPPV?

Hello, and a very Happy New Year to you all.
My situation started a year ago, I was in work and had an odd episode, very light headed and lost all my colour, I had the sensation of floating. The episodes became more frequent and my GP suggested 3 things, a panic attack, Migraine or Epilepsy. I had an MRI scan which revealed nothing, that was in April 2012 and managed not to have any kind of attacks for about 5 months, but then they came back.
I had a real bad cold over Christmas and my symptoms have become worse, I have finally got my GP to send me to an EN&T clinic the first week of February, today I have been for a hearing test and was told my hearing was perfect for someone my age (43).
At the moment I am suffering really badly with nausea and upset stomach.
Can anyone shed some light of what it could be?
Does it sound like BPPV?
I am not on any medication at all and am struggling to cope from day to day and trying to hold down a job that involves movement.
I would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Dizziness is an impairment in spatial perception and stability. Dizziness can have different sensations like vertigo, presyncope and light headedness. If your dizziness feels like you are spinning or the room is spinning (and especially if associated with nausea or vomiting), this might be due to an inner ear problem.  Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), is an entity in which with movement of the head the person is likely to get dizziness. This happens because of a disorder of the labyrinth system in the inner ear. I would recommend that you contact an ENT specialist for further evaluation and treatment.  I would strongly caution you not to drive or operate heavy machinery while dizzy as you might injure yourself or others.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.