Dry eyes&nasal congestion related2tasteloss&sense of smell?
I have had dry eyes for several months&nasal dryness with congestion.I didnt develop til moved to a house with wood paneling.Could I be allergic2the paneling?I have also had sense of smell&taste loss several months.I also have more cats but my symptoms started long b4 got more cats.Do u know of anything2do at home for trying2regain senses?

How are you?

Loss of smell and taste are often due to a vitamin A and zinc deficiency. In some cases, lack of smell or taste is due to an underlying sinus problem. If this is the case, the allergy, cold or sinusitis must be treated first.

Cat allergy is often accompanied by rash or redness, coughing, wheezing, chest tightening, itching, nasal congestion, rash, watering eyes, sneezing and similar symptoms. Are you having such kind of symptoms?

In allergy to wood, there is swelling or stiffness in your hands, perhaps associated with a "heavy feeling" in your arms, severe headaches and visual disturbances, a rapid pulse, dysphagia, and diarrhea.

Going by the symptoms that you are having, it seems to be a case of Sjogren’s syndrome. In Sjogren's syndrome, changes occur in the immune system--the body's defense against disease. Symptoms of Sjogren’s syndrome are dry mouth, dry eyes, swollen salivary glands, dry noseand throat, loss of smell, loss of taste, dryness of vagina and Ears and Eustachian Tubes Symptoms.

Diagnosis can only be made after blood tests, urine tests, schirmer’s test, slit lamp examination of the eyes, lip biopsy and Sjogren’s syndrome lab tests.

You may sip fluids throughout the day, use sugar-free gum or candies to stimulate saliva production, use artificial tears or eye drops to help relieve the discomfort of dry eyes and use moisturizing lotions for sensitive skin.

But an ENT specialist consultation is required for a complete examination and confirmatory diagnosis.Pls get it done.

If you need any more information, pls post us.