Allergy Community
Dust mite allergy and air matress

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Dust mite allergy and air matress

Does anybody knows if Air Bed really help for people with Dust Mite allergy. Sales person told me that mites do not live in rubber  Latex mattress. Is it Truth?
Thank you
Hi, welcome to the forum, it is true that cotton beds are infested with the mites. The rubber beds or air beds will help as they are not infested by mites. Along with that vigorous cleansing with soap and water may be helpful to remove the mites. If there is itching and inflammation can be treated with topical antipruritics such as menthol, phenol (Calamine lotion), or topical corticosteroids. Oral antihistamines can also be used.

Clothing should be washed in hot water or treated with pyrethroid insecticides to kill mites. Avoiding heavily infested areas is advisable, and trouser legs should be tucked inside socks. DEET (N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide or N, N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide) and dimethyl phthalate applied to skin and clothing are effective in repelling mites. Clothing may also be treated with a pyrethroid insecticide, such as permethrin. I suggest you to take advice from local doctor. Take care and regards.

Thank you very much.for the detailed answers to my question. I will definitely buy Air Bed and will try it The company has 90 day trial period  and hopefully I will have some opinion on it.

Thanks a lot again.

Lyuba
Hello
I have already asked the same question in the forum and I want to find a clear answer. I have problems with allergy dust mites for several years. Heard SaniTech LG company makes mattress cleaning. Is that you have used its services and is it effective? http://www.sanitechlg.com/