Elevated IgE
I'm trying to get some info about elevated IgE relative to allergies; I have an IgE of 1264.  I was tested for allergies and have some MILD allergies to a few pollens, molds, etc.    I have NO ALLERGY SYMPTOMS, with just an OTC Claritin, (mild stuffiness certain times of the year without it.)  The only other blood work that was abnormal was a slightly elevated MCV and MCH.  Does this sound like the IgE should be that high from just the mild allergies, or like there's something else going on?  My primary care Dr, said it's extremely abnormal for IgE to be that high and referred me to an allergist who was no help and said elevated IgE doesn't mean anything and is irrelevant??
Hello and hope you are doing well.

IgE levels are generally elevated in people with allergic diseases. The normal levels depend on the units of measurement but it is generally 0-100.  And according to studies done these people are at risk for anaphylactic reactions and more severe atopic dermatitis. High IgE in itself is not a cause for concern, if causes such as intestinal parasites have been excluded. People who are atopic, (i.e. who have a familial tendency to develop childhood eczema, hay fever or allergic asthma); generally have IgE levels above the normal or non-atopic range. Those with atopic eczema are particularly likely to have raised IgE levels. It is a marker of atopic status rather than something requiring correction.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.