Allergy Community
Excessive Saliva and Mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Excessive Saliva and Mucus

I constantly have saliva accumulating in my mouth and as a result I slob while speaking, I also accumulate lots of mucus and when I blow my nose it seems like it's not normal due to the extreme amount of mucus. Why does this happen and can I do something about it???? Thanks!!!!
You may have Post-Nasal-Drip from pollution (indoor & outdoor) that no doctor can put their finger on.  A lot of people have allergies that don't show up on any test.  I too have a lot of saliva and mucus, I think from the PND.  Nasal washes by a simple NeilMed Sinus Bottle I'm told works VERY well.  It's cheap and worth the try.  I went on line to check out how to do them...to me, it seems a bit complicated - but don't let that deter you.  It's worth a try if it will help you.  Let me know what you think.  Good luck!