Extreme Seasonal Fatigue
Does anyone else suffer from extreme fatigue, heavy limbs and aches when the spring pollen is about?  I have the usual eye and throat issues but can cope with that but the tiredness really effects my ability to function. I don't know what to do about it and get to help from my GP.  Any tips to cope greatly appreciated. thanks
Yes, I do, but I also have asthma that acts up with my allergies, so at least a portion of my symptoms could possibly be related to my astham (ie., not breathing as well as usual).

Have you tried or can you take any of the over the counter allergy meds (benadryl, allegra, zyrtec)?  If you've tried them or can't take them, I suggest making an appointment with your doctor and seeing what they may have to offer in means of meds, etc.

I know it's difficult, but if you can stay inside as much as possible - limit your outside activities to the lower pollen times - when you've been outside, if at all possible, remove your clothing as soon as you get inside (or preferably in a garage or someplace that's not in your house) and shower to remove any pollen particles that are left on your skin and in your hair.  This is especially important if you've been out on a windy day when pollen is blowing around or if you've been out mowing, doing yardwork, etc.

A saline nasal wash or spray can help to flush pollen/irritants out of the nasal cavity and could help not only with nasal symptoms, but also throat symptoms.  Try to avoid decongestant type sprays as they not only can irritate sensitive, swollen nasal passages, but they can also cause more intense rebound symptoms - when they begin to wear off, your symptoms return even worse than they were before.

Another thing to remember is to be sure you're staying well hydrated.  With allergies and when our noses are congested, it's very common to do more mouth-breathing, which can add to throat issues, as well as speed up the possibility of dehydration.  Even slight dehydration can cause fatigue and aching muscles.

Above all, don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about your symptoms - there ARE things out there that can help.

Hope you feel better.

A fellow allergy sufferer,