Allergy Community
Eye out of wack
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Eye out of wack

I have had seasonal allergies for around ten years, mostly itchy eyes.  This summer I have had one eye that has been exceptionally bothered.  For two  months it has been almost continuously itchy, and producing mucus.  I wasn't too worried until recently i noticed the aggravated eyes pupil was dilating differently than the other.  I read that some allergy medications and eye drops can cause unequal pupil dilation.  Should I be worried, or is it most likely just the allergies?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1146459_tn?1292496706
Don't use drugs more. Just you should avoid using these foods for a while : yogurt, fish, high salt,soft drinks soda's , tea , cold cut meats.
Blank
1355118_tn?1298568479
Hi, welcome to the forum, as you have allergic conjunctivitis, this is known to form granulomatous lesion over conjunctiva. It is usually seen due to airborne allergens contacting the eye. If you have a history of hay fever, allergic rhinitis or bronchial asthma then the allergic conjunctivitis is commonly seen. But usually symptoms are seen in both the eyes.

Allergic conjunctivitis and medications for it will not cause any change in pupillary size. In some individuals, slight differential response of pupils to the light may be seen. But if there is significant difference then needs further evaluation. A condition known as tonic pupil; which can be seen as result of damage to the parasympathetic ciliary ganglion. This can be seen due to infectious and inflammatory conditions (sinusitis, connective disorder etc.). This should not be a point of concern.

I suggest you to consult ophthalmologist for further evaluation and appropriate treatment. Take care and regards.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...