Aa
A
A
Close
Eyelid Rash, Fatigue, Body Pain
Ok, for the past month I have been dealing with an allergic reaction my doctor suspects is from the Sulfer antibiotic he had me on in addition a compound in the thyroid medication he gave me for my hypothyroidism.  My eyelids are red, puffy, and scaling skin off.  They burn more than itch, I am very weak and tired, and now am having pain in the muscles in my arms and neck.  I have been on  2 MethylPREDNISolone 4mg packs within two weeks.  They symptoms go away, but come back around the second day after I have taken my last pills on either pack. The problem is the steroids are now making me feel bad.  I was in the ER and was told to stop all the meds and just take my vitamins.  I have a referral from my PC to see a dermatologist on the 5th of July since he says there is nothing more he can do.  This is maddening. I have never had this experience before with allergies.  Usually I can take Benedryl or an over the counter med and it maintains my symptoms at a livable rate, but this is very uncomfortable.  The doctor at the ER said to stop all the meds so all my symptoms are present for the dermatologist when I see them.  But I dunno what I do in the meantime to help me sleep.  I am taking ibuprophen, tylenol (not at the same time), Zyrtec, and Pepcid to control the symptoms, but it's pretty much doing nothing.  Any ideas what this might be or how I can get it treated?
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Eyelid Rash, Fatigue, Body Pain
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Allergy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703