Allergy Community
Eyelid Rash, Fatigue, Body Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to airbourne allergies, eye allergies, shots, anaphylaxis, asthma, children's allergies, hives, insect stings, rhinitis, sinuses, and allergies to drugs, foods, and pets.

Eyelid Rash, Fatigue, Body Pain

Ok, for the past month I have been dealing with an allergic reaction my doctor suspects is from the Sulfer antibiotic he had me on in addition a compound in the thyroid medication he gave me for my hypothyroidism.  My eyelids are red, puffy, and scaling skin off.  They burn more than itch, I am very weak and tired, and now am having pain in the muscles in my arms and neck.  I have been on  2 MethylPREDNISolone 4mg packs within two weeks.  They symptoms go away, but come back around the second day after I have taken my last pills on either pack. The problem is the steroids are now making me feel bad.  I was in the ER and was told to stop all the meds and just take my vitamins.  I have a referral from my PC to see a dermatologist on the 5th of July since he says there is nothing more he can do.  This is maddening. I have never had this experience before with allergies.  Usually I can take Benedryl or an over the counter med and it maintains my symptoms at a livable rate, but this is very uncomfortable.  The doctor at the ER said to stop all the meds so all my symptoms are present for the dermatologist when I see them.  But I dunno what I do in the meantime to help me sleep.  I am taking ibuprophen, tylenol (not at the same time), Zyrtec, and Pepcid to control the symptoms, but it's pretty much doing nothing.  Any ideas what this might be or how I can get it treated?